Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score
    I'm in S Tampa and a member at Wyoming Antelope Club, wish I would have read the range rules before getting a membership, the outdoor look and feel of the place is deceiving. Unless you want to shoot in a competition you really can't train. Comps are fun but it would be awesome to find a place where I can spend several hours with buddies working on transitions, reloads and firing positions repetitively. The area is lacking!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abnjeffy View Post
    I'm in S Tampa and a member at Wyoming Antelope Club, wish I would have read the range rules before getting a membership, the outdoor look and feel of the place is deceiving. Unless you want to shoot in a competition you really can't train. Comps are fun but it would be awesome to find a place where I can spend several hours with buddies working on transitions, reloads and firing positions repetitively. The area is lacking!
    That's the exact reason I didn't get a membership there.

Feedback Score
    When i got the membership one of the RO's told me "just become an RO and then you can come here and do whatever you want and no one will bother you, you can run any range yourself". I shot a few times, then asked to be an RO and they told me I had to be a member for 2 years, "new rule" apparently. They totally Debo'd me out of my money under false pretenses, pretty heated about it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Range

That is the only thing so far that I don't like about Tampa (new to the area), nowhere to really train that is close by.

That said, anyone going to the Kyle Defoor class over in Frostproof - Oct 20th & 21st? Some world class instruction going to happen.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=107959
    Kevin Burger
    Streamlight - National Accts. Manager
    Illuminate. Navigate. Dominate.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately I can't do anything until January which is why I was hoping to get MD down here in January per the link a few posts above.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

2013 Training

Per your link, that definitely the issue with the area, lack off training locations. Pretty much limited to Myakka City - the public range and the Rocky Creek Ranch, which are both hosting classes. That said, Frostproof is not far and I've heard the facility down near Miami is worth the drive.

Just depends on how much effort people want to put into training. Driving only three hours is a blessing to me.

Keep your eye out for some of the prior Tier 1 guys making their way down here via "Alias Training". http://aliastraining.com/

I've trained with a few of them and they are very good instructors (relevant information and the ability to effectively convey it).
    Last edited by Boogwardo; 09-08-12 at 07:44. Reason: Added more stuff.
    Kevin Burger
    Streamlight - National Accts. Manager
    Illuminate. Navigate. Dominate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did a Costa class at Rocky Creek, it's a really nice place and the people there are great.

Feedback Score
    Mike Pannone is going to be at Manatee Nov 10-11. I'll be going to that one. I shy away from the Magpul classes for my own reasons. Randy Cain at Southern Exposure is a good one as I have posted before.

On Point Firearms (OPF) has fellowship shoots at manatee every so often. $50 though to me is little much IMO. OPF has a former Marine scout sniper\contractor that offers one or two day classes as well. I'd stick to Southern for the instruction part, as he kind of caters to the "urban commando" crowd. Not my scene, but they are nice folks.

Feedback Score
    SMG Kyle Lamb of Viking Tactics and Pat Rogers (in Dec) normally make annual appearances at southernexposuretraining.com . The facility is located in Kathleen FL, just north of Lakeland. Kyle will be there in Oct for his VTAC 1.5 Pistol course, which is excellent and designed to push you well beyond your current skill level. His 1.5 Carbine is equally as challenging. Pat Rogers, is well, Pat Rogers. I try to go annually just for the entertainment value, but his carbine fighting course is pretty challenging. Many shoot, but rarely pass the many skill test you'll have to perform.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast