Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score
    New member from Sarasota checking in!!

Feedback Score
    Is anyone here a range officer or on the board of any outdoor ranges in the Tampa Bay Area?

Feedback Score
    Anyone hear anything about this place that is supposed to open at the end of Noember up at 275 and Fletcher in Tampa?

Shooters World

Supposedly this place will blow shoot straight away, any input?

Feedback Score
    I put in an app for a part time gig. Seems like a nice facility.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    looks like a decent indoor range.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Take a look at the FAQ and some of the range rules. I think they need to adjust some of them to make them shooter friendly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So is anything going on in the Tampa area? I was hoping that with the opening of Shooters World we could have the opportunity for training or competition, but that doesn't look like its gonna happen.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    So is anything going on in the Tampa area? I was hoping that with the opening of Shooters World we could have the opportunity for training or competition, but that doesn't look like its gonna happen.
    I've mentioned it to them a few times that they should have a comp with the steel side on a certain night of the week. Downside is that you'd have to use their frangible, which can be pricey. A lot of the things, biggest being the ammo shortage of 2013 being chief among them realy curtail any type of comps that they are going to put on.

They are offering training but I'd rather spend my money going to a better known instructor in an outdoor setting. Just my preference.

Feedback Score
    Shooter's World is a very nice range but the last time I was there, some of the Fudds online complained when I shot a Half and Half Drill and about my loud gun (Battle Comp). Unless I'm practicing stacking holes only, apparently I'm violating range rules. Unfortunately, all the public ranges are geared towards the safety level of the general public, and therefore, no viable tactical training, unless someone sets up a private range. I can get away with some bending of the rules at my home range (shoot straight), but not much. They don't allow draw fire, no matter how much I try to convince them to have a class and certify folks. I have to really plan out my range sessions so it's not a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Shooter's World is a very nice range but the last time I was there, some of the Fudds online complained when I shot a Half and Half Drill and about my loud gun (Battle Comp). Unless I'm practicing stacking holes only, apparently I'm violating range rules. Unfortunately, all the public ranges are geared towards the safety level of the general public, and therefore, no viable tactical training, unless someone sets up a private range. I can get away with some bending of the rules at my home range (shoot straight), but not much. They don't allow draw fire, no matter how much I try to convince them to have a class and certify folks. I have to really plan out my range sessions so it's not a complete waste of time.
    There really is no place in Tampa to practice anything with movement, positions and holster work. Unless you are on private ranges. Shame.

How have you been Roger? Going to Pat's class this year?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast