Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    There really is no place in Tampa to practice anything with movement, positions and holster work. Unless you are on private ranges. Shame.

How have you been Roger? Going to Pat's class this year?
    I'm good brother, just trying to nurse along a new business venture so I may not have the time, but I'll definitely try to make it...
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Anywhere in Tampa or Florida that has a tactical hand gun and or AR class for 1st timers?

I am getting bored going to the range and shoot paper. I do work at various distances and to 2 to the chest 1 to the head rapid type of shots. I've read instructors books, watched video's, watch the tv shows and from looking at the others on the range I do pretty good...however I need some lessons though and want to really be sure I know what I am doing and work on basics and finer points.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
    Anywhere in Tampa or Florida that has a tactical hand gun and or AR class for 1st timers?

I am getting bored going to the range and shoot paper. I do work at various distances and to 2 to the chest 1 to the head rapid type of shots. I've read instructors books, watched video's, watch the tv shows and from looking at the others on the range I do pretty good...however I need some lessons though and want to really be sure I know what I am doing and work on basics and finer points.
    Family Firearms in Valrico has a new two day class that is an intro level. It's geared toward pople that have their CWP and have not done any formal training since that class.

I took his first class to provide feedback. Overall, it was good and will allow you to get out from behind the bench or lane. I'll PM you their email address along with a short AAR.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Shooter's World is a very nice range but the last time I was there, some of the Fudds online complained when I shot a Half and Half Drill and about my loud gun (Battle Comp). Unless I'm practicing stacking holes only, apparently I'm violating range rules. Unfortunately, all the public ranges are geared towards the safety level of the general public, and therefore, no viable tactical training, unless someone sets up a private range. I can get away with some bending of the rules at my home range (shoot straight), but not much. They don't allow draw fire, no matter how much I try to convince them to have a class and certify folks. I have to really plan out my range sessions so it's not a complete waste of time.
    They are sporadic there. Some times you get complaints. Other times I see Fudds trying to, as best I can tell, play Call of Duty on the range. I like the idea of certification.

There really is no place in Tampa to practice anything with movement, positions and holster work. Unless you are on private ranges. Shame.
    Agreed. Apparently you can at Wyoming Antelope. I have heard that to have the freedom, you must become a member and jump through hoops A through K (like becoming a RSO, etc..). Have either of you two checked it out? Largo can be a PITA haul for me. The only private ranges that I know of are in Dundee (by Lake Wales) and Ft. Meade. Again, one hell of a haul. There was at only point a good thing going with the 2nd Amendment Club in Pasco near SR52 and the Suncoast parkway, but the owner of the land decided to re purpose it.

One day, if I can ever NOT run into a financial emergency (99% kid related) I'll make it out there.
    Last edited by HES; 07-07-13 at 11:21.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    I'm in St. Pete - ready to find a place to train and brothers to train with.

Feedback Score
    I forgot, Wyoming Antelope does or did have IDPA and USPSA matches on Tue, Fri and I think Sun. You have to join and pay range fees. Discount for members. It's conducted down the road, beyond and behind the public ranges and behind the public range backstops. It's been a long while since I last attended, but it is an option other than the static range.

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    They are sporadic there. Some times you get complaints. Other times I see Fudds trying to, as best I can tell, play Call of Duty on the range. I like the idea of certification.

Agreed. Apparently you can at Wyoming Antelope. I have heard that to have the freedom, you must become a member and jump through hoops A through K (like becoming a RSO, etc..). Have either of you two checked it out? Largo can be a PITA haul for me. The only private ranges that I know of are in Dundee (by Lake Wales) and Ft. Meade. Again, one hell of a haul. There was at only point a good thing going with the 2nd Amendment Club in Pasco near SR52 and the Suncoast parkway, but the owner of the land decided to re purpose it.

One day, if I can ever NOT run into a financial emergency (99% kid related) I'll make it out there.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 08-16-13 at 21:54.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I live near Gun Craft over in Ruskin. Anyone know of or been there? I think I'm going to check it out. It's an outside range.

Feedback Score
    Hey all...just saw this thread, I'm in clearwater and would like to get better at handling my carbines

Feedback Score
    Sarasota checking in. Would be great to do a group meet at Manatee Gun Club. I am up for other locations also though. Take care.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast