Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tampa Bay Area Members - Sound Off!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FSN . COM used to host biannual shoots at area 51
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    Carrollwood checking in. I go to Florida Firearms Academy. http://www.ffatampa.com/ very cool staff and if you take their basic practical course and show competency they will let you then take their advanced course (both are only $20 apiece) and if you take a few advanced courses and show competency they will typically allow you to draw from holster. I will also say that the practical courses are a couple hours and are pretty damn good for the price. They also are good about not treating you like a baby once you show yourself to be competent and squared away. We've done drills there that I know damn well no other course would let us do.

I've shot IDPA & IPSC at WAC and it's fun but it's a hike to get down there and for me it ends up being almost a 3-4 hour trip total... with less than 1 hour spent actually shooting. Not saying that's bad because it's only $10 for those meets, but it's a big time investment.

Shooters world hasn't ever given me static for rapid fire or speed reloads, etc but I can see where if you were running a comp some people might complain. I will say that their rifle bays seem to be louder than most others, I was running my Tavor next to a guy with a comp on an SBR and it was rattling my damned teeth LOL

Oh, but what I wouldn't give for a great, private, outdoor range like what my dad goes to in Indiana... you can literally go there and do damn near anything you want.
    Dr. Layne Norton

PhD Nutritional Sciences

www.biolayne.com

Handgun enthusiast

Feedback Score
    Brandon, East Tampa checking in. Have been to Shooter World a couple of times with friends. They have a very nice indoor range for handguns hasn't tried their rifle range yet but have seen many guys shooting rifle there. One question, are any of you guys getting together and shooting. Would love to meet up with some M4C members to shoot and learn a little more about the AR platform.

Feedback Score
    Brand new member. Tampa / Lutz area.

No tactical experience or training. Been handling weapons since 1994 and wish to become more proficient with them in all scenarios.

Has anyone contemplated getting a group of guys together and leasing some property for training and friendly comps? Not sure a land owner would lease for shooting reasons other than hunting though... just a thought i had after reading through this thread.

-Joe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll be in the St Pete area for work Feb 19-20 and 24-25 and will bring my rifles along. Anyone know of a nice outdoor place for some faster shooting? Most places I've researched don't allow faster than one shot per two seconds.

Feedback Score
    I live farther south about 45 miles in Sarasota but Manatee Gun Club is always an option. Probably an hour drive from St. Pete over the skyway. You can shoot pretty much whatever you want there. It is also goes out to 1000 meters or yards. I forget which.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks - looks like a nice place but whenever I call there, no one answers or returns voicemail. Also no response to my emails. I thought they might've closed down but there's stuff on their online calendar. Weird.

Feedback Score
    It is a private club open to non members. They are always open the hours and times the website says. It is a Reputable place.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Turns out that I didn't have enough time to go all the way down to the Manatee range so I ended up going to Wyoming Antelope club by the St Pete airport. A little 1911 action then sighted in my new scope on the SPR. Nice range for slow relaxed shooting.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789