Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushido PDW

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Bushido PDW

I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on this.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...shido-blaster/
    Last edited by rob_s; 02-12-11 at 05:49.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't think that I've ever seen a better example of the gun magazine genre of writing.

A "true warrior's combat carbine course?"

Wow!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, I was more interested in discussing the gun...

But yes, I amazed at the utter lack of formal training and repetition thereof in some of my "compatriots".

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A handstop and a VFG. Good redundancy in case of failure. The Beta mag looks like a good idea as well.

Last edited by Littlelebowski; 02-12-11 at 06:36.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Bushido

When I saw the artical, I got a big laugh because I built an upper virtualy idendical to the "bushido" a number of years ago. I had a DOE upper I shot on my M16 lower (fun less expensive that shooting 5.56) and I wanted the option of a flat top so I could put a red dot on it. About this time, a TROS 4'' 3 lug barrel came up for sale on one of the C3 boards so I knew a project was instore. I originaly built it as a novelty/fun project for shooting full auto. Its fun to shoot, easily controlable and very accurate. I never had intended to use it for "real" training or self defense. As for novelty use, without a supressor it is very short and I am always worried about letting less experienced shooters use it for fear of shooting a finger. With a AAC striker can the OA barrel length is about 11", much safer to shoot but never as quiet as I thought it should be.

My training partner love's to use it when we do subgun stuff. I prefer to use a MP5 but he will shoot that upper no matter what (I have to hide it so it does not dissapear into his safe!). We have shot a couple of subgun matches together and there are always half a dozen guys asking what kind of upper it is a where they can get one. Honestly, after seeing that article I have been thinking about building another upper to use for trianing. I havent decided if it will be a flat top with a 10.5" barrel or a little shorter barrel with a integral supressor (HK SD style).

I think my training partner has some pictures of it, maybe he will see this post and post some pictures?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The main question is why would I want this over a 10.3" Mk 18 or some other similar 5.56 SBR?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Uhm its a SMG. Why would I want that as a primary weapon???

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    A handstop and a VFG. Good redundancy in case of failure. The Beta mag looks like a good idea as well.

Normally I would be right along w. you playing the Tactical Ninja card, and while I don't even agree w. this particular gun's existence, I do believe running a handstop in front of the vfg in the above pic is a sound move. If you note where the end of the barrel is in relation to the end of the rail....you can see that a smidge to much forward with your lead hand and things could get interesting. So the hand stop in theory would always stay on that setup regardless of the vfg.

You know the German's always make good shit...like the K grip
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-12-11 at 08:09.

Feedback Score
    The universal 9×19mm is a world-wide standard that can be found anywhere and depending on the load can challenge most body armor.
    If by "challenge" they mean "bounce off of" then I'm sure it will challenge most body armor. That article, gun and magazine in general are so full of fail it makes my head hurt, I'm only surprised they manage to abstain from using "operator" "end user" or "deployed" at least 10x a piece in the article.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Certainly not a first choice.

No justification offered as to why a PCC/SMG over a .223/5.56. I wonder if there's a reason.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast