Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bushido PDW

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The fact that the ballistics of a hot 5.56 round (TAP or BH 77gr.) is more effective out of a 10.3" SBR than a 9mm round out of this funky Bushido thing. If I am wrong about that then I will gladly admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Which facts? That 5.56 sucks out of VSBRs? Shorter OAL is easier to handle in tight confines and easier to hide/store? 'm curious what you would use that wouldn't be considered a PDW type weapon (regardless of caliber) if you were doing CONUS PSD work and needed/wanted a shoulder fired weapon knowing you'd be driving and or constantly in and out of normal vehicles. While this may not be your reality, it is mine (I am the PSD for my family) and I haven't found anything that fits this niche well.

Disclaimer: I know full well the pistol is more practical in everyday application.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The main question is why would I want this over a 10.3" Mk 18 or some other similar 5.56 SBR?
    LE, barricaded suspect in a car, 5.56 out of a short barrel doesn't do as well through a windshield as 9mm. Other than that not sure.

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    I asked a guy about 5.56 from an eight inch barrel once.

He looked me in the eye and said "It makes peoples faces explode."

Are you going to argue the point?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    The fact that the ballistics of a hot 5.56 round (TAP or BH 77gr.) is more effective out of a 10.3" SBR than a 9mm round out of this funky Bushido thing. If I am wrong about that then I will gladly admit it.
    Well, I don't think I ever made that point. I think we have our wires crossed. What I said was, "Below 10" 5.56 isn't effective and 9mm is a better option." I was talking about 7.5" VSBRs and I think we can all agree that 5.56 sucks coming out of a barrel that short.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    Why is the girl in that ad combing her hair with a pistol?

You didnt know that on the other side of the pistol is a comb?

Feedback Score
    The main question is why would I want this over a 10.3" Mk 18 or some other similar 5.56 SBR?
    Thought the exact same thing.

Costs of ammo's out for training, you can shoot various .223 Rem for the same prices as 9mm.

Ballistic Performance, .223 Rem or 5.56x45mm would both perform better, and with defensive ammo, over penetration or (depending on your needs) under penetration are no longer an issue.

Parts availability and price for the .223/5.56 are much more widely available and cheaper.

I will say this, this is where if you wanted to try a different caliber in a rifle, something like the .300 Black/Whisper/Fireball would be great as all you have to do is change the barrel.

I've also done a little bit of research, from what I've heard, honestly, AR's weren't designed to run 9mm, and truthfully they should have a steel lower over an aluminum because it beats the guns up.

That last parts hearsay.

ETA: I just read the rest of the thread, there's better barrier defeating rounds, the .62 grain Barnes TSX, did a google search.

aaaaaaaand, here's a thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=50642

I mean, I don't hate 9mm AR's by any means, those are just reasons I wouldn't use one.
    Last edited by BWT; 02-13-11 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SethB View Post
    I asked a guy about 5.56 from an eight inch barrel once.

He looked me in the eye and said "It makes peoples faces explode."

Are you going to argue the point?
    good point!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I don't think that I've ever seen a better example of the gun magazine genre of writing.

A "true warrior's combat carbine course?"

Wow!
    I didn't know whether to laugh or puke so I laughed. A lot less mess. The prose is a parody of itself. If I'm going to shoot a 9mm I'm going to do it out of a pistol. For cheap (and fun) I have a 22.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 02-13-11 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    It makes peoples faces explode?

Really?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why would anyone want this if an SR-15 is the same weight? lol?

I understand the MP-5, but not this tacti-cool ninja wana be crap.....
    USMC vet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast