Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Assault Weapons Ban (NY)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    Total insanity, but just out of curiosity do we know how much support the bill actually has?
    At the risk of coming off as sarcastic, it's New York. What do you think? This from the people who brought you the attempted "Requirement for Police to shoot/wound arms and legs first" Bill.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fair enough, but I don't think this will pass. I will write my state representatives though.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Fair enough, but I don't think this will pass. I will write my state representatives though.
    I hope for the same but I have little confidence in the sanity of liberal elected officials in NY nor the voters who put them there. I'm glad for my LE exemption but I can't say how annoyed I get when manufacturers won't even ship certain items here for me. I can't say I blame them but I'll definitely vote with my feet and flee this insane place once I'm able. To all those thinking of moving here, pay attention to the sign at the border when you enter.... Welcome to New York. Please surrender your paycheck, safety, sanity and all firearms at the door.

Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm counting the days until I can move back west myself. NY is so ignorant. Only 16 more years

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I doubt that it will pass, and I'm not sure of support. The gun shops in my area had no idea about it, and when I brought them a copy most of them just shrugged it off. None, not one of the people that I have showed this to had any idea of its existence. But, I believe you can track the bills progress through that link... God help us all

New York, Where you get taxed, taxed, and taxed some more. In return, you get more taxes, more restrictive laws, oh, and more licensing and taxation required. Love the state, dislike the ridiculous people that run it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I'm going to the Middletown Gun Show tomorrow to buy some ammo and look at people creaming themselves while looking at over priced poor quality AR's and AKs. I will be paying attention to try and find some notice of if this bill is in peoples mind. If I see a petition I will sign it.

As for NY, I don't think it is a liberal or dem thing in this state, it is a condition that only NYer's suffer from Regardless of political affiliation. They all seem to be willing to throw money at a corrupt government that has nothing but maintaining power in mind. This state makes me want to vomit. It is everything wrong with America wrapped up in one not so small package. And don't even think of telling me it's a "liberal" mentality. The wife of the chief editor of the NYPost thinks I am a psychopath for owning an assault rifle that "shoots real bullets".
    Last edited by Mac5.56; 02-18-11 at 23:52.
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was going to go there but every time I go, Its upsetting. Let me know how it is. The only decent booth that I have found is a guy that sells troy products and NV. I forget his name though.

Anyway, give us an update as to the general knowledge of this bill at the show, if you can.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think I'm going to the Middletown Gun Show tomorrow to buy some ammo and look at people creaming themselves while looking at over priced poor quality AR's and AKs. I will be paying attention to try and find some notice of if this bill is in peoples mind. If I see a petition I will sign it.

As for NY, I don't think it is a liberal or dem thing in this state, it is a condition that only NYer's suffer from Regardless of political affiliation. They all seem to be willing to throw money at a corrupt government that has nothing but maintaining power in mind. This state makes me want to vomit. It is everything wrong with America wrapped up in one not so small package. And don't even think of telling me it's a "liberal" mentality. The wife of the chief editor of the NYPost thinks I am a psychopath for owning an assault rifle that "shoots real bullets".
    I would head there as well except I have too many prior engagements to attend. Unfortunately given the nature of NY laws, prices for ammo and other items are insane there so I tend to order online when I need anything as it's cheaper and I can get legit parts as opposed to neutered garbage. I'm sure some will know about the bill since it was also brought up in 2009 or 2010 previously. As for my "liberal" comment, I don't specifically mean Dem or Repub. Obviously there are Dems who support the 2nd amendment and Repubs who don't (see Rudy Giuliani before he tried to run for Prez). What I mean by "liberal" is the type of big city tools who think the government can solve all our troubles, rich people need to pay their "fair share"so we can pay for absurd entitlements, and only military and LE should have guns, except when LE shootings occur. These seem to tend to be Dems in places like NY and very few republicans will believe in gun control generally. Any that do are just posers as far as I've seen.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreaopla View Post
    ...tools who think the government can solve all our troubles, rich people need to pay their "fair share"so we can pay for absurd entitlements, and only military and LE should have guns, except when LE shootings occur.
    Perfect.
    Last edited by 556mp; 02-19-11 at 00:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556mp View Post
    I was going to go there but every time I go, Its upsetting. Let me know how it is. The only decent booth that I have found is a guy that sells troy products and NV. I forget his name though.

Anyway, give us an update as to the general knowledge of this bill at the show, if you can.
    I know it's going to be upsetting. It is every time, but my friend wants to go and I don't see him often. I know the booth your talking about he is pretty cool.

I am actually looking for some nice wood furniture for an AK, which is something I imagine I may be able to find there.
    -me

-coworker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast