Thread: 308 Aero Build Questions…

Feedback Score

308 Aero Build Questions…

So I’ve built a pretty much all Aero components AR-10 that is over gassed. It sports a Spikes 308 buffer tube, spring, and T3 buffer. Aero phosphate bolt/carrier. A 16” Faxon, mid length barrel. Surefire QD 3 prong flash hider. With a Aero mid length phosphate gas tube, mounted to a BCM gas block. I took it to the range this weekend. It’s ejecting at like 12:30 - 1 o’clock, hard on brass, and kicks like a mule. Lol. Anyway I’m waiting for a SA adjustable gas block to come in. I’ve built a 24” 6.5 with most of these parts and it’s great, with the SA gas block. I guess I figured with the Spikes buffer products, and the mid length gas system. It should run fine. Other than the SA adjustable gas block, is there anything I should do? I will run it suppressed. Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
    I will run it suppressed.
    There's nothing nicer than taking the can OFF an AR-10 and realizing it doesn't have to be misery to shoot. Hopefully the AGP helps your rig.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Its more than likely one of two things. The rifle is either over gassed as you say, or its under assed (recoil spring too weak since Spike's says your buffer is 5.4 oz which is the correct weight).
    Read this thread https://forum.308ar.com/topic/19170- waterboarding/ Introduce yourself over there and ask any questions you might have if the waterboarding thread doesn't answer them.
    These big cousins don't have any sort of milspec, and because of that any manufacturer can do anything with any part and call it AR10 compatible and very few get it right.

Feedback Score
    Short of a different barrel, an adjustable gas block/key/carrier, or a brt reduced port gas tube are about your only choices. I still like my MWS, but I’ve come to hate mid length gas on a 308.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.