Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 Picture Thread :)

Feedback Score
    Tried to replicate a cool photo I saw, but I just have a cell phone...

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I finally finished my first 308 AR build using an Aero Precision M5 Upper/Lower, a Ballistic Advantage 16" Modern barrel, Toolcraft 6.5 Creedmoor BCG, and an SLR Rifleworks 13.7" ION Lite Handguard. Detailed parts list below. She's not light, but she's fun to shoot. Sounds great hitting steel at 200m. I ran about 80 rounds of M80 Ball through her without incident. Tried running crummy Tula steel case and got light primer strikes. Next up is some IMI 168 grain which is what I'm planning to feed her.

I videoed the entire build process with decent lighting and sound. Now I just need to finished editing it and figure out a place to post the videos. Maybe Full30... not sure YouTube would be the best place.

Lower Receiver: Aero Precision M5 Stripped BLEM
    LPK: Aero Precision M5 Lower Parts Kit Minus FCG/Pistol Grips
    Trigger: ALG Defense ACT
    Safety Selector: Radian Talon 45 Degree Ambi
    Pistol Grip: BCM Gunfighter MOD-3
    End Plate: BCM Gunfighter QD End Plate
    Receiver Extension: ALG Defense
    Receiver Extension Castle Nut: Ergo Grips AR-15 Receiver Extension Castle Nut
    Buffer: Brownells 308AR Carbine Buffer (2.5")
    Spring: SpringCo Orange
    Stock: BCM Gunfighter SOPMOD 0
    Magazine: PMAG 20LR/SR M3 7.62x51 Magazine

Upper Receiver: Aero Precision M5 Assembled
    Handguard: SLR Rifleworks 308H Ion 13.7" Lite M-LOK
    Barrel: Ballistic Advantage 16" 308 Tactical Govt Modern Series
    Gas Block: Aero Precision Low Profile Gas Block - .750 - Black
    Gas Tube: Aero Precision Melonite Gas Tube - Mid-Length
    Bolt Carrier Group: Toolcraft 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt Carrier Group - Black Nitride
    Charging Handle: Radian Weapons AR 308 Raptor 7.62
    Flash Hider: Aero Precision AR 308 A2 Birdcage Flash Hider - 5/8x24" TPI
    Crush Washer: .30 Caliber Crush Washer - For 5/8x24" Threads
    Irons: Troy Folding Front and Rear

Optic: Primary Arms SLx8 1-8x24mm SFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-5.56/5.45/.308
    Optic Mount: LaRue LT240 C.A.N QD SPR Mount w/ 30mm Rings

Weight: 8 lbs 9.5 oz without optic and mount, 10 lbs 2.2oz with Optic and Mount
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by n517rv; 11-25-19 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    Heres my contribution. Colt CM762. The only thing Ive done to it is put an Eotech Vudu on it, RailScales g10 dragons, magpul qd and the nickel boron single stage trigger from my Springfield Victor. Waiting on my URR from midwest and then the warcomp is goin on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n517rv View Post
    I finally finished my first 308 AR build using an Aero Precision M5 Upper/Lower, a Ballistic Advantage 16" Modern barrel, Toolcraft 6.5 Creedmoor BCG, and an SLR Rifleworks 13.7" ION Lite Handguard. Detailed parts list below. She's not light, but she's fun to shoot. Sounds great hitting steel at 200m. I ran about 80 rounds of M80 Ball through her without incident. Tried running crummy Tula steel case and got light primer strikes. Next up is some IMI 168 grain which is what I'm planning to feed her.

I videoed the entire build process with decent lighting and sound. Now I just need to finished editing it and figure out a place to post the videos. Maybe Full30... not sure YouTube would be the best place.

Lower Receiver: Aero Precision M5 Stripped BLEM
    LPK: Aero Precision M5 Lower Parts Kit Minus FCG/Pistol Grips
    Trigger: ALG Defense ACT
    Safety Selector: Radian Talon 45 Degree Ambi
    Pistol Grip: BCM Gunfighter MOD-3
    End Plate: BCM Gunfighter QD End Plate
    Receiver Extension: ALG Defense
    Receiver Extension Castle Nut: Ergo Grips AR-15 Receiver Extension Castle Nut
    Buffer: Brownells 308AR Carbine Buffer (2.5")
    Spring: SpringCo Orange
    Stock: BCM Gunfighter SOPMOD 0
    Magazine: PMAG 20LR/SR M3 7.62x51 Magazine

Upper Receiver: Aero Precision M5 Assembled
    Handguard: SLR Rifleworks 308H Ion 13.7" Lite M-LOK
    Barrel: Ballistic Advantage 16" 308 Tactical Govt Modern Series
    Gas Block: Aero Precision Low Profile Gas Block - .750 - Black
    Gas Tube: Aero Precision Melonite Gas Tube - Mid-Length
    Bolt Carrier Group: Toolcraft 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt Carrier Group - Black Nitride
    Charging Handle: Radian Weapons AR 308 Raptor 7.62
    Flash Hider: Aero Precision AR 308 A2 Birdcage Flash Hider - 5/8x24" TPI
    Crush Washer: .30 Caliber Crush Washer - For 5/8x24" Threads
    Irons: Troy Folding Front and Rear

Optic: Primary Arms SLx8 1-8x24mm SFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-5.56/5.45/.308
    Optic Mount: LaRue LT240 C.A.N QD SPR Mount w/ 30mm Rings

Weight: 8 lbs 9.5 oz without optic and mount, 10 lbs 2.2oz with Optic and Mount
    You did very well on your first build and it's a really nice looking rifle - nice and clean. You also used some good parts like your BCG, BUIS, barrel, and rail. How does it shoot? What was your thought process with the 16" 6.5CM barrel? Also what are your thoughts on the PA 1-8? Hows the glass? Decent eye relief? Also what ammo have you ran through it and what does that 16" barrel prefer? Last question, did you consider using an A5 length RE tube rather than a carbine length?
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, I'm looking into Cerakoting it Magpul FDE to mimic the look of a certain somebody's rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    wow, very nice, but then again, anything DD is always awesome. got some nice color complements on there, but you need to shoot the bejeezus out of it, give it some battle scars for street cred! JK, nice build.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    You did very well on your first build and it's a really nice looking rifle - nice and clean. You also used some good parts like your BCG, BUIS, barrel, and rail. How does it shoot? What was your thought process with the 16" 6.5CM barrel? Also what are your thoughts on the PA 1-8? Hows the glass? Decent eye relief? Also what ammo have you ran through it and what does that 16" barrel prefer? Last question, did you consider using an A5 length RE tube rather than a carbine length?
    Thanks Robert! I've only run about 200 rounds through it. A mix of M80, Tula, and IMI 168gr Razor Core. The barrel is a 16" 308 - it's the bolt that's a 6.5CM "compatible" bolt. I just used that bolt so it would be interchangeable with my next build.

I like the reticle on the PA 1-8 and the eye relief seems fine. I'll have more of an opinion once I get more time behind it. The rifle shot the M80 and IMI 168 Razor Core just fine. It didn't like the Tula at all, but that's not surprising. I was honestly just curious if it would run it and now I know...

I have not considered the A5 RE, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. I actually run those on all my AR15 builds. So you can run an A5 RE with just a "standard" Vltor A5 length buffer and a Springco Green spring? Is there a big benefit to running the A5 RE on a 308AR? If it softens the recoil noticeably that would certainly be worth it. I intentionally didn't stake the castle nut yet, so I might just switch it out.

Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast