This is my 3rd 308 caliber large frame rifle. I've tried to learn from each and incorporate that knowledge. My last AR-10 was an LMT MWS (16" rifle gas cut down from 20") on a Mega MATEN lower. GREAT FREAKING RIFLE! But it was super front-end heavy. To the point of giving my jacked up shoulder issues after a couple of hours of running and gunning. So I knew then my next 308 project was going to be lighter than the MWS.
I've not been in a rush, slowly acquiring parts here and there and finally got the last pieces in to finish it up about 0330 this morning.

It weighs in w/ an empty mag at 9.9 lbs (with optic). Quite the difference between this and the weight of my MWS. At 16" it's a maneuverable rifle and should work great in the battle rifle role that I planned for back when I put this project on paper almost a year ago. I wanted a rifle I could run and gun with that delivered a heavier payload than my 5.56 guns. That said, I toyed with SBRing a shorty, but in the end for a variety of reasons decided to go with the 16".
I should get it to the range this Saturday and will provide some feedback on function and then do a more detailed write up in the custom build thread after I work out any kinks and go over my parts choice and why. Once I get 500-1000 rounds through it and I'm 100% solidified on my setup, I will break out the Aervoe and camo spray the crap out of this thing. I don't mind this look, but it looks exactly like my MWS and I want to do something different with this one.