Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 Picture Thread :)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

LR308 v.3 Aero/Rainier/Troy Build

This is my 3rd 308 caliber large frame rifle. I've tried to learn from each and incorporate that knowledge. My last AR-10 was an LMT MWS (16" rifle gas cut down from 20") on a Mega MATEN lower. GREAT FREAKING RIFLE! But it was super front-end heavy. To the point of giving my jacked up shoulder issues after a couple of hours of running and gunning. So I knew then my next 308 project was going to be lighter than the MWS.
    I've not been in a rush, slowly acquiring parts here and there and finally got the last pieces in to finish it up about 0330 this morning.

It weighs in w/ an empty mag at 9.9 lbs (with optic). Quite the difference between this and the weight of my MWS. At 16" it's a maneuverable rifle and should work great in the battle rifle role that I planned for back when I put this project on paper almost a year ago. I wanted a rifle I could run and gun with that delivered a heavier payload than my 5.56 guns. That said, I toyed with SBRing a shorty, but in the end for a variety of reasons decided to go with the 16".
    I should get it to the range this Saturday and will provide some feedback on function and then do a more detailed write up in the custom build thread after I work out any kinks and go over my parts choice and why. Once I get 500-1000 rounds through it and I'm 100% solidified on my setup, I will break out the Aervoe and camo spray the crap out of this thing. I don't mind this look, but it looks exactly like my MWS and I want to do something different with this one.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    RobertTheTexan build specs on the rifle? That thing is awesome!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drewskee223 View Post
    RobertTheTexan build specs on the rifle? That thing is awesome!
    Thank you Drew. I’m actually in the process of getting a new barrel. I was experiencing some issues with the early gen 16” Rainier Arms Ultra Match barrel and so Rainier is sending me a brand new one that has a different gas length than the one in the pic. I’ll post in the custom build thread (and provide a link to that post in this thread) when I get the new barrel, because that potentially could affect the buffer weight/spring choice I currently have and I would rather post the the final fully functioned checked rifle than post a config that might not work. Plus I’ve already changed some parts out - some due to necessity and others because I’m trying/testing that part out. Plus this is more of a pic thread and I dot want to clutter it up with my build list parts and why I chose specific parts for this 308 build.

That said, if you want the build list shoot me a PM. However, I do think it would be best to wait until I get the new barrel mounted and a good function test on the rifle to ensure all parts are working well together and working as advertised. Plus I’m still waiting on a couple of other parts I am changing out. Once I get the parts changed and the new barrel mounted I will provide a detailed write up with some really good pics of the build.

Thanks again for the compliment, I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just wish to say rifle gas on 16” barrels for 7.62 is an art. I got lucky with my M110K1 build

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    RTT, nice rifle. I just noticed you have the Troy handguard; I just ordered one of their carbon fiber handguards as a first step to emulate what you have here...

And nice rifle, 03scgt
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    Nice looking rifle!

Feedback Score
    Didn't build just bought it, but I like it.SA Saint.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oncewas; 10-27-19 at 22:32. Reason: better picture