Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 Picture Thread :)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    From what I was told, this factory conversion was only done to a few of the SR-25 Match rifles. They were done around twenty some odd years ago. I have not seen or heard of any Mk11 Mod 0 factory conversion done since.
    Thanks for the reply Renegade. I guess I'll sit on it. I might give it another go or put it on a MATEN set.

But that is a pretty set up. Wish I had an old waffle mag. But I shudder at how much they'd go for

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Finished this after a few months of gathering parts. It started out as a Quadrail Maten Monolithic with an 18" Shilen Mid-Tactical barrel, which I picked up from a fellow Snipershide member (thanks again Al).
    I wanted a much lighter "5.56 replacement" battle rifle, so I tried to get it as light as I practically could.

So I sold off the Monolithic Quad, and picked up a standard Maten upper to build on.
    16" Aero/Ballistic Advantage barrel
    14" Fortis Switch Rail
    2A Armament Ti FH/Comp
    SLR Sentry 7 Ti Adj Gas Block
    BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 large latch
    Geissele SSA-E (came with lower)
    Magpul STR
    308 buffer & spring
    BCM Gunfighter Mod 2 Grip
    BCM KAG Handstop
    BAD Ambi Selector

Optics:
    Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 Mil/Mil on 20 MOA ADM Recon
    Aimpoint T-1 on Larue LT-724 offset.

With the Vortex on top, it just becomes too heavy to be anything close to the maneuverability of a 5.56, and the windage knob occludes a lot of the T1. A small riser should fix that.
    I now fully understand and respect the benefits and strengths of the lighter 5.56 AR platform. The rifle is light, the ammo light, it's fast, it's accurate and still very powerful.

The Shilen 18" with a Bipod may be the better setup as a DMR/Sniper platform with this build..

All in all, I think it came out looking bad as f@#& and shoots even better. The SLR adjustable gas block will let me tune it to any ammo I want.
    The Shilen can shoot sub MOA, and the Aero/BA can probably shoot 1 MOA, but not from this shooter. But the Aero is on there as a long lasting battle rifle barrel with its QPQ lining.

The Fortis Switch is probably the best rail I've ever seen and used. Looks amazing, and the quick release works great.
    Even though you're supposed to be able to just pull the lever out and pull it off, I find it easier to just give the allen key on the right (ejection port) side a half turn to loosen it up a bit, then pull back the lever. Putting it back on, I lock the lever down and give it a half turn back to make sure it's snug. Makes adjusting the gas really easy.

The sad part is, I'm now on the fence about selling it. I like building more than shooting sometimes. And I'm looking to fund another hobby.
    It's a tough call, it's sooo much fun to shoot.

Last edited by idreamt...; 04-24-16 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That Mega with the BA 16" looks very slick. I am in the process of doing a build with that same barrel, albeit it on an AR-10 receiver, and the same recce-ish/battle rifle. What BCG are you using?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    That Mega with the BA 16" looks very slick. I am in the process of doing a build with that same barrel, albeit it on an AR-10 receiver, and the same recce-ish/battle rifle. What BCG are you using?
    Thanks,
    I've seen mixed reviews on that barrel, but it's been running perfect for me.

Just a standard DPMS style BCG. No branding or markings of any kind on it. Properly staked and headspace matches both barrel chambers, and haven't had one malfunction. (besides during the gas tuning, but thats all part of the process)

Good luck with your build.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisreedrules View Post
    Posted this in a thread about .308 suggestions... Figured I would repost here as well. I've had my S&W M&P10 for about 2 years now. At first, I was really disappointed in its performance. It seemed to have real problems cycling low pressure ammo and just had lots of teething issues in general. I decided to have a buddy of mine who is a qualified gunsmith tear it down and put it back together for me to see if he could figure anything out. When I did this, I changed the gas block and put a Troy quad rail on it and I also decided to hydrodip the rifle in that multicam tiger stripe (not really my favorite, but it works well here in FL). After it was torn down and reassembled, I haven't had any problems with it. Shoots low pressure and high pressure loads, both suppressed and unsuppressed without any issues. I didn't ask him what he did, but I guess he tweaked a couple things and now it just runs. I also decided to go with a fixed A2 stock. To do this, I had to call S&W to send me a spacer for the buffer tube because the M&P10 buffer and buffer spring are proprietary.

Optics are a Leupold VxR 3-9, Aimpoint T1 on a KAC offset mount, and KAC offset irons. It's also got a Geissele 2 stage trigger in it and the bipod is an Atlas on a LaRue mount. I don't plan on changing anything else with this rifle. I'm pretty satisfied with it in its current form. I'm waiting to see what DD comes out with next. I don't have a huge need for more than one .308 AR because its primary purpose is hunting and maybe an occasional scoped rifle class. The DD .308 would primarily be for fun shooting and I would keep it simple. But anyway, here's my M&P10:

Thanks for looking!
    That is a slick looking MP10, it's like a m110 clone very nice set up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Ah, you're the guy with the UTG Pro AR-10 handguard. How have you found it? Any issues? How many rounds have you shot through it, etc.? Any shifting of POI?
    No issues so far… I've only fired a couple hundred rounds through it at the square range though. No shifting of POI. I had the mounting screws back out on the 5.56 version of this handguard, so I was sure to Rocksett the ones on this one. After doing that I haven't had any trouble out of it or the 5.56 one.

This one has some design differences from the 5.56 one… It is a thicker OD, and it has small retaining tabs that go on either side of the gas block area of the upper, kind of like the retaining clip on a BCM KMR–A, instead of the wide mounting tabs like the 5.56 one. I guess they wanted it to be compatible with different uppers from various manufacturers. I'm taking it on a 20K Run 'n Gun next month, which will be a pretty good test of it... it's sure to get beat around a good bit.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore View Post
    nice rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henschman View Post
    No issues so far… I've only fired a couple hundred rounds through it at the square range though. No shifting of POI. I had the mounting screws back out on the 5.56 version of this handguard, so I was sure to Rocksett the ones on this one. After doing that I haven't had any trouble out of it or the 5.56 one.

This one has some design differences from the 5.56 one… It is a thicker OD, and it has small retaining tabs that go on either side of the gas block area of the upper, kind of like the retaining clip on a BCM KMR–A, instead of the wide mounting tabs like the 5.56 one. I guess they wanted it to be compatible with different uppers from various manufacturers. I'm taking it on a 20K Run 'n Gun next month, which will be a pretty good test of it... it's sure to get beat around a good bit.
    if you could only get ar15 or ar10?

Feedback Score
    sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
    Armalite AR-10 20" stainless barrel with Magpul PRS and MIAD in foliage green. Falcon Menace 1.5-5x optic with illum. reticle in a 30mm Burris PEPR mount. MI folding BUIS.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 52 of 83 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast