Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: AR10 Picture Thread :)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Added a little color and changed some parts out.

Pulled the V7 selector switch and replaced it with a short throw BAD-CASS. They are both great parts, I'm partial to the BAD-CASS

Also you can see the difference the Forward Controls EMR-C makes. Duffy has commented that this is the perfect replacement on the LR-308 because the mag button is taller. It really looks good, has excellent purchase and is finally the correct height.

And I just think this is a really cool picture for some reason.

Ever have those builds where just nice things happen during parts acquisition? I bought this anti-cant on the E&E. Problem was, it didn't work. The Seller kindly refunded my money. I held onto it for a while, then finally on a whim contacted US Optics, just to see if there was shim or something I was missing. (The mount would not come close to tightening on my rail.) US Optics wrote back and said, "Oh that's our Gen 1, we haven't produced those in over 10 years. But send me your mailing address and I'll mail you a new one." And so they did. I have the old one in my shop, right on one of my a magnetic bars. Right in front of me as I'm working. Just to remind me that there are still random acts of kindness even by big names like USO. Hats off to them, and it just makes for a good memory regarding this build.
    How are you liking the SLR ION handguard? I'm looking at using it for my build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    How are you liking the SLR ION handguard? I'm looking at using it for my build

If I had a dollar for every hour I spent looking at handguards, I'd have probably $300 bucks in my pocket. I like the handguard. I'll admit I was drawn to this one because it sort of favored my KAC URX4, with the MLOK available on several sides of the handguard. It's not heavy, but it's also not cheap feeling at all. I prefer the SLR barrel nut, which doesn't require timing like other handguards.

And I know you didn't ask, but I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention what I feel is one of the biggest advantages I have going with SLR and that's their customer service. On two separate occasions they really stepped up and delivered on customer service. It's nice knowing that a) you're buying a quality product, and b) if something does go south, or you jack up something, they are going to take care of you. I had a little of both and they've been outstanding. I emailed them Monday at almost 8:00 PM, a couple of minutes before 9 PM, Todd emailed me back with an answer. Could have put it off until the next day, but he didn't. I appreciate that level of service.

How far along are you in your build? Also a 308?

RTT
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I had a dollar for every hour I spent looking at handguards, I'd have probably $300 bucks in my pocket. I like the handguard. I'll admit I was drawn to this one because it sort of favored my KAC URX4, with the MLOK available on several sides of the handguard. It's not heavy, but it's also not cheap feeling at all. I prefer the SLR barrel nut, which doesn't require timing like other handguards.

And I know you didn't ask, but I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention what I feel is one of the biggest advantages I have going with SLR and that's their customer service. On two separate occasions they really stepped up and delivered on customer service. It's nice knowing that a) you're buying a quality product, and b) if something does go south, or you jack up something, they are going to take care of you. I had a little of both and they've been outstanding. I emailed them Monday at almost 8:00 PM, a couple of minutes before 9 PM, Todd emailed me back with an answer. Could have put it off until the next day, but he didn't. I appreciate that level of service.

How far along are you in your build? Also a 308?

RTT
    We're on the same page then. I was attracted to the ION for the same reason. It doesn't seem like there's much in the large frame AR handguard world that is bargain priced, but I don't mind spending the money on a quality pice with good customer service.

The only things I have toward the build so far are the receivers and lower parts. I have most of it planned out, just need to pull the trigger. I'm currently debating the 16" .308 Faxon medium taper vs the gunner profile. The medium taper is on clearance and the matched BCG is on sale when you purchase them together, but I'm trying to keep it as lean as possible without getting crazy. 3 oz difference between the two probably won't make much of a difference, but I'm indecisive.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    We're on the same page then. I was attracted to the ION for the same reason. It doesn't seem like there's much in the large frame AR handguard world that is bargain priced, but I don't mind spending the money on a quality pice with good customer service.

The only things I have toward the build so far are the receivers and lower parts. I have most of it planned out, just need to pull the trigger. I'm currently debating the 16" .308 Faxon medium taper vs the gunner profile. The medium taper is on clearance and the matched BCG is on sale when you purchase them together, but I'm trying to keep it as lean as possible without getting crazy. 3 oz difference between the two probably won't make much of a difference, but I'm indecisive.

What receiver set do you have?

Are the barrels made of the same metal? Same gas profile? One have better reports of accuracy?

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AR10 Picture Thread 😊

What receiver set do you have?

Are the barrels made of the same metal? Same gas profile? One have better reports of accuracy?

I have the Aero M5 set.

Same material, gas port, everything except the profile.

http://faxonfirearms.com/16-medium-t...ngth-4150-qpq/

http://faxonfirearms.com/16-big-gunn...ngth-4150-qpq/

Last edited by lahunter57; 09-21-17 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

CMT UHP10 by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AIM 308 BCG by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AR10 Picture Thread 😊

Was able to complete my build this weekend. Now if I can just get out to the range and see how it does; that’d be great!

Build List:

Upper
    -Aero M5 Upper Receiver
    -Aero Ejection Port Cover and Forward Assist
    -SLR Rifleworks 15” ION MLOK
    -Faxon Firearms 16” .308 Medium Taper Barrel
    -Faxon Firearms Complete BCG
    -Silencerco ASR Brake
    -BCM Gas Block
    -Radian Raptor Charging Handle

Lower
    -Aero M5 Lower Receiver
    -Aero LPK For Pins, Springs, End Plate, Castle Nut
    -BCM PNT Trigger
    -BAD ASS Safety Selector
    -Forward Controls EMR-C
    -Forward Controls 10.2lb Magazine Catch Spring
    -Forward Controls ABC/R
    -VLTOR A5
    -Armalite AR-10 Buffer Spring
    -H3 Buffer

Last edited by lahunter57; 10-09-17 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Added a little color and changed some parts out.

Pulled the V7 selector switch and replaced it with a short throw BAD-CASS. They are both great parts, I'm partial to the BAD-CASS

Also you can see the difference the Forward Controls EMR-C makes. Duffy has commented that this is the perfect replacement on the LR-308 because the mag button is taller. It really looks good, has excellent purchase and is finally the correct height.

And I just think this is a really cool picture for some reason.

Ever have those builds where just nice things happen during parts acquisition? I bought this anti-cant on the E&E. Problem was, it didn't work. The Seller kindly refunded my money. I held onto it for a while, then finally on a whim contacted US Optics, just to see if there was shim or something I was missing. (The mount would not come close to tightening on my rail.) US Optics wrote back and said, "Oh that's our Gen 1, we haven't produced those in over 10 years. But send me your mailing address and I'll mail you a new one." And so they did. I have the old one in my shop, right on one of my a magnetic bars. Right in front of me as I'm working. Just to remind me that there are still random acts of kindness even by big names like USO. Hats off to them, and it just makes for a good memory regarding this build.
    Great looking build! Is that a UBR gen 2 stock? If so, what buffer and spring are you running in it?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    California ACC

Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast