Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP 300BLK info

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Does anybody have an AAC 7.62 SD that also owns a CQB chassis and intends to buy the MRP 300AAC barrel?

I just watched some videos featuring the 7.62 SD and 300AAC combo This setup looks perhaps more fun to shoot than anything Ive seen to date that didn't have a happy switch. I'm officially stoked on this deal, and it won't be too long til we see a range report and accuracy evaluation of this new MRP barrel option

This video really sealed the deal with me. I was torn b/t a 5.56 can or the 7.62 SD because I felt I would have so much more use for the 5.56 can. However I would rather have a suppressor for a single application that is damn near perfect, than having a suppressor for all 5.56 applications yet it doesn't really blow you away doing any single one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2xaQ...eature=related
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-23-11 at 14:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Does anybody have an AAC 7.62 SD that also owns a CQB chassis and intends to buy the MRP 300AAC barrel?

I just watched some videos featuring the 7.62 SD and 300AAC combo This setup looks perhaps more fun to shoot than anything Ive seen to date that didn't have a happy switch. I'm officially stoked on this deal, and it won't be too long til we see a range report and accuracy evaluation of this new MRP barrel option

This video really sealed the deal with me. I was torn b/t a 5.56 can or the 7.62 SD because I felt I would have so much more use for the 5.56 can. However I would rather have a suppressor for a single application that is damn near perfect, than having a suppressor for all 5.56 applications yet it doesn't really blow you away doing any single one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2xaQ...eature=related
    If you are looking for a great multi-use can, that is even quieter with 300 BLK than the 762-SD is, check out our new 762-SDN-6... an inch shorter than the 'SD, and is a few dB quieter.

suppressed 300 BLK is really fun.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah I'm a total noobie on this stuff, I just read the thread on this SDN-6, as well as watched a nice clip describing the differences b/t the two.

I've always wanted a suppressor for any gun but never really made it a priority. That dramatically changed very recently once I got a good understanding just how awesome this is gonna be in a SBR'd configuration. I'm very excited about this now. Less than a week or two ago I had not planned on doing another stamp so soon after my first, and didn't know what can I would even get when the time came...now I am totally sold on the combo of this MRP 300blk and AAC SDN combo. Buying a can made completely outta Inconel and the fact I don't have a happy switch means this might be the only can I ever have to buy.

Thanks for pointing that out, and all your continued advice on this topic

For others here is the links to the other thread..
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=68412
    clip explaining differences b/t the SD and SDN-6....
    http://www.aacblog.com/?p=8427

eta...dang, just searching around for info and saw that an AAC dealer in AL had a demo day a few weeks ago including having a H&K 416D with AAC 300BLK 9" upper with AAC 762-SD. I just found this thread on ST.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-23-11 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking the same way Trident. A perfect setup in 300BLK w/ SDN6 suppressor that will work decent on my 5.56 barrels instead of a slightly better M42000 for 5.56 (that will never be as quiet as the 300BLK).

I wouldn't be able to afford both cans for quite some time (if ever).
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm officially pheening at this point after seeing this clip from Rob using a similar setup to what the MRP CQB 300AAC option will be and a SDN-6 suppressor.....this combo is wicked to say the least. I cannot believe how quiet it is!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/IMG_0916.mp4

Feedback Score
    semi-necro;

I am considering cutting down my LMT MRP IOT accommodate a 8" or 9" 300 BLK barrel. Optimizing that platform for CQB in both the 556 and 300 ... but along with my 6.8, I would pretty much have the perfect upper with options, even if it reduces rail real estate for other calibers.

I am sorta-waiting on someone to post terminal testing info for the shorter 300blk lengths to finally decide on the optimal length for the 300 BLK with a suppressor setup for CQB. I see the "Honey Badger" is a 6" ... I would hesitate to do that to my MRP, but if it is optimal suppressed .. then off she comes!.

Will

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Awesome to see a SME running a MRP

I'd love to see how your project turns out if you decide to go that route, I think it would be sweet and obviously one of a kind.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I spoke with LMT a few weeks ago, and they stated they were expecting their mrp 300blk barrel to be ready for orders at SHOT next month... Can't wait!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    semi-necro;

I am considering cutting down my LMT MRP IOT accommodate a 8" or 9" 300 BLK barrel. Optimizing that platform for CQB in both the 556 and 300 ... but along with my 6.8, I would pretty much have the perfect upper with options, even if it reduces rail real estate for other calibers.

I am sorta-waiting on someone to post terminal testing info for the shorter 300blk lengths to finally decide on the optimal length for the 300 BLK with a suppressor setup for CQB. I see the "Honey Badger" is a 6" ... I would hesitate to do that to my MRP, but if it is optimal suppressed .. then off she comes!.

Will
    Are you proposing to cut the actual MRP chasis down? I have toyed with that idea for my rifle length version - it would be much more versatile at CQB length.

If you chop shorter than a CQB I would worry about having the gas tube overly exposed with longer barrels...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    semi-necro;

Will
    I have been thinking along the same line as you. Your "mission" compared to mine though is probably much different being that you are an SME which lead me to my conclusion below.

I am looking to go as short as possible but still be lethal enough to do some hog hunting with the 300blk in SBR form. After my research and from what I have read from AAC, I am not going to go shorter than 9" for hunting purposes (4 legged kritters here). Wanting to use the LMT CQB chasis it looks like the Noveske 10" is my best bet. It allows me to be as short as possible to fit the CQB chasis, maintain enough velocity for hunting, and be nimble enough to use indoors. It appears it will fit the chasis and still leave just enough room to mount my 7.62SD can. I am giving up a couple inches (again my mission may be different then yours) plus it allows me to maintain maximum handguard retail space with the CQB chasis with both 300 blk and 5.56.

I still can't for 100% cerntainty verify the 10" will allow enough room to mount the can, so the jury is still out. Anyone want to be the guinee pig? Or, I could just wait another few months until LMT releases their 300 blk 10.x barrel.....which I'm sure will fit.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast