Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones tactical belts

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the new Jones 1.5" Cobra Shooters belt will work with Raven,Kaluban type pancake holsters? The belt is made of 3 layers of webbing stitch together (4 layers including the loose end velcroed on one end). Very nice belt real stiff and thick.
    been there eaten that

Feedback Score
    I got a Cobra Riggers Belt* on Sunday from a friend. It took the place of a Blackhawk riggers belt during range time on Sunday. It was amazing and high quality. The best part is the great cobra buckle (which locks into place great) that also has a quick release. A bathroom break did not turn into a huge ordeal.

The material was stiff but not stiff enough to cause any pain getting it onto a pear of TAD Gear Force10 cargo pants. Weaving a Galco leather holster for a Glock 17 took some effort but I think it will break in over time.

It doesn't have a loop for a carabiner like most belts but since I repeal with a harness I don't really mind that it is missing. Does anybody really use that loop anyway? That also makes it perfect for everyday wear. While it is still a heavy duty belt it doesn't look as tactical.

I had a holster (first a Galco leather holster then a Safariland ALS) hanging off the belt with a mag carrier and a dump pouch and I didn't get any belt twist or pinching like I did with the 5.11 or Blackhawk belts.

This is a first impression based on a long day at the range. I'll report back after a few weeks of wearing it to see if it still holds up to this review.

*Note I received one as a present from a friend. The friend is not an employee of Jones Tactical nor am I. This review was not prompted by Jones Tactical in anyway. I wanted to make this clear since sometimes glowing reviews can be met with suspicion.
    Last edited by Dmaynor; 05-16-11 at 08:00.

Feedback Score
    Ordered mine Feb.22. Had several email exchanges with him and know that he was down for a while with an illness. Was told last Tuesday May 10th it would go out by Friday.

Have not received any info as to it being shipped yet, but I dont know if he sends this info out as part of his normal routine or not.
    From what outhers here have said he is good to do business with and I hope that they are right, as I would like to try to try this belt out and not have to keep waiting beyond this the second time I was told a shipping date.

This is not to bash him, as we can all have an illness at any given time. But just to let others know what I have delt with and to let you know that your order may not be received by the time given on his website.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loner View Post
    Does anyone know if the new Jones 1.5" Cobra Shooters belt will work with Raven,Kaluban type pancake holsters? The belt is made of 3 layers of webbing stitch together (4 layers including the loose end velcroed on one end). Very nice belt real stiff and thick.
    That sounds like a question for Richard.

Observationally, I can say that my EDBs all thread a Raven with OWB loops but an additional layer of webbing might not make it. The pancake style loops ride a bit farther out so it may work with more ease.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuc View Post
    It would help if Rich had time to respond to emails or phone calls. I guess he makes a good belt... but I still don't have one. The website says " can take up to 7 weeks before shipping". It must not apply to belts. February 24th, 2011.
    Chuc: It applies to everything I make, I am trying very hard to get caught up. I lost almost a month of work due to double pneumonia, and I am the one and only person who does the work. If you would please send me an email to info@jonestactical.com I will see where you are and try to help you out.

UDT: Can you send me an email as well?

Everyone else: Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback, keep em' coming.

Holster fit: I'm not sure on that one, if someone with a Raven can tell me what the loop thickness is, I can see if the belt will fit from the dims. The Cobra Shooter 1.5" can be made with only two layers, but, you give up some rigidity. It is still going to support a weapon and accessories just fine, it is not going to be as stiff as a scuba webbing belt, i.e. the EveryDay Belt.

Cheers,
    JT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Jones, I'm not sure which of your belts I have, but it's a 1.5" belt with a 1.5" buckle and it works fantastically well with the new injection molded belt loops from Raven both the pancake and the Standard OWB, as well as the soft loops. Threading can be a bit of a challenge with the fixed loops but once threaded on it works great.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've been wearing a Jone's Cobra 1.5 for over a year now. Very sturdy and tough belt.

I find it easier to loop the belt through holster/mag carriers before I put my pants on.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great feedback guys!

Rob: You have a Cobra Shooters 1.5" belt, a rigger styled belt.

Thanks,
    JT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones Tactical View Post
    Chuc: It applies to everything I make, I am trying very hard to get caught up. I lost almost a month of work due to double pneumonia, and I am the one and only person who does the work. If you would please send me an email to info@jonestactical.com I will see where you are and try to help you out.

UDT: Can you send me an email as well?

Everyone else: Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback, keep em' coming.

Holster fit: I'm not sure on that one, if someone with a Raven can tell me what the loop thickness is, I can see if the belt will fit from the dims. The Cobra Shooter 1.5" can be made with only two layers, but, you give up some rigidity. It is still going to support a weapon and accessories just fine, it is not going to be as stiff as a scuba webbing belt, i.e. the EveryDay Belt.

Cheers,
    JT

Richard,

Email sent

Thanks,
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loner View Post
    Does anyone know if the new Jones 1.5" Cobra Shooters belt will work with Raven
    With the large number of accessories that we make, you're able to use our holster with every belt out there, as long as its width is 2" or less.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast