Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jp-vtac or vtac trx extreme

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My bad guys. Robb, I misread an old thread on the JP/VTAC handguard from 2008 in which an M4C member "Johnson" made the claim that the screws could shear off directly under a post by you. Sorry again, just a stupid mistake.

Feedback Score
    How do you plan to attach the bi-pod? If using a sling swivel stud the VTAC Extreme or JP-VTAC will work with a stud. IIRC, the stud just screws into the JP-VTAC and a stud mount is available for the VTAC. I think you are limited to the accessory rail on the Troy, but Harris bi-pods can be converted to rail attachment.

Some of the local 3 Gunners use the JP version and have had no problems on ARs, but they don't get used really hard. Another guy uses the JP on a .308 and has broken a couple of screws over several years. He replaced the screws and still runs the JP.

This is my 13" VTAC on a 18" Noveske SPR barrel. I use an Atlas Bi-Pod which attaches to the rail (and really like it). The continuous top rail is handy if you want to mount BUIS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks for the input , I think I will use the TRX.

Shootist nice looking rifle.

Thanks again Scott

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    TROY-VTAC is my rail of choice as well. Can't wait for the 15" one of those to roll out.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the JP VTACs but I don't like the myriad of small screws they use and the requirement to use Red (essentially permanent) Loctite.

I own and like the TRX Extreme also but I'm concerned about how robust they are, particularly the barrel nut. My understanding is that this has been improved.

I'm now very fond of the APEX handguard system. It attaches with a total of 8 screws. It is VERY robust, has a great diameter with textured grip, and 4 holes for sling swivels. This company is going to go places and I'd recommend having a look.

http://www.apexcncmachine.com/store....0383&pd=112348

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12