Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using a WASR in first carbine class

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    More LAV and Kyle Defoor with a WASR (as well as a real Tula AKM and Bulgarian Type III AKS-47).
    That real Tula AKM is something else.

Are most carbine classes OK with one showing up with an AK but is full of AR users?
    Last edited by rojocorsa; 04-18-11 at 02:36.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    That real Tula AKM is something else.

Are most carbine classes OK with one showing up with an AK but is full of AR users?

Any instructor worth his salt shouldn't have an issue with it. Again, worry less about what the guys next to you on the line think and more on what you're getting out of the class.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Any instructor worth his salt shouldn't have an issue with it. Again, worry less about what the guys next to you on the line think and more on what you're getting out of the class.
    I don't believe that anyone claimed that a good instructor would have an issue with it, only that you may end up getting less value from the class if you find yourself as the only person there with an AK.

(Qualifying statement being "may")

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all the positive and constructive responses to my question (Which is one of the many reasons I take the time to post here at M4).

The US Palm AK Attack Rack chest rig and the Krebs enhanced safety has really turned my WASR into a usable piece of gear that is almost as comfortable to run as my friend's Bushy (I know I know, I have already given him tons of crap about it being a Bushy ) which I think is a real testament to the AK platform and how well it can be ran even in an AR dominated world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123