Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your MRP!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post

Here is how my MRP sits currently with a 10.5 barrel. And, more magic from Marvin. I had him cut a 16” piston barrel down to 12” and dimple.

Thats pretty cool....is the dimpling purely for aesthetics? Does it lighten the barrel? Never seen that one before....

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    Thats pretty cool....is the dimpling purely for aesthetics? Does it lighten the barrel? Never seen that one before....
    It’s mostly under the handguard so no one will see it. It lightens the barrel.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The dimples in front of the gasblock are visible, but lightening the weight of the barrel is the main objective. As you see it here outside of the chassis, it is definitely pleasing to the eye though. I won’t get into heat dissipation from the dimpling or rigidness, because I really cannot say one way or the other. The weight reduction is minimal, but weight is definitely reduced.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Tragic this thread gets so little action..

Just finished my newest MRP build built around the MLR chassis, and hadn't done one in years. The MLR chassis is like a armored 911

Tag.

Very, very cool! I need them scales!

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Kicking the can and being indecisive, I missed the opportunity to score the South American MWS. Logged in to order it last night and it was sold out. I did pick up the green-odized Defender lower and CQB MRP chassis though. Will build it up after I pay for the Lunchbox gun. https://lmtdefense.com/?s=blowout2019
    Can't wait to see your build.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sveesix View Post
    I may have bought one of each. It'll be my first foray into LMT land. Excited to see them posted up!

Only 25 of the 556 rifles and 60 of the 308 rifles were released. Super limited.
    Congratulations! Limited indeed. I'm envious.....

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

That's drop dead gorgeous. I had Marvin cut and dimple my 20" MWS barrel. Phenomenal work. It's just too bad it can't really be seen under the rail (slick upper chassis). Super excited about joining the MRP club.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    How are the 11.5" MRP barrels gas wise? I remember reading that the MWS rifles had some issues running suppressed. I don't remember the details since I didn't read much into it, but was/is it an issue with the smaller frame MRP's as well?

I jumped on the deal for a green CQB chassis since I had a few coupon codes on top of the base price. I wanted to end up with an 11.5" or 12.5" barrel on it for mostly suppressed use. I'm not in any rush to put it together, so I was wondering if I should buy a Centurion 11.5" or 12.5" barrel and just get it reprofiled for the MRP. I know they are gassed well.

Thanks for any help. I searched around, but there's been so many small changes to the MRP/MWS rifles that it's hard to decipher what's current.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Tag.

Very, very cool! I need them scales!
    Thanks friend, and I already tagged your MWS MLOK build so fair's fair...I using the term "tagged" instead of copying

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    That's drop dead gorgeous. I had Marvin cut and dimple my 20" MWS barrel. Phenomenal work. It's just too bad it can't really be seen under the rail (slick upper chassis). Super excited about joining the MRP club.
    I would have thought you'd be in the club by now given your awesome MWS. That said, you picked a perfect time to get into the MRP universe. TBH, LMT left it to the civilians for a decade plus to find it on their own. Their past prices, lack of civilian outreach, and marketing made it easy not to have joined the club.

You folks are really gonna make me regret the OD ano guns and chassis. I love OD ano stuff for sure, but more than any other excuse I've given yet, I broke my piggy bank on the MLR build I posted earlier

Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    How are the 11.5" MRP barrels gas wise? I remember reading that the MWS rifles had some issues running suppressed. I don't remember the details since I didn't read much into it, but was/is it an issue with the smaller frame MRP's as well?

I jumped on the deal for a green CQB chassis since I had a few coupon codes on top of the base price. I wanted to end up with an 11.5" or 12.5" barrel on it for mostly suppressed use. I'm not in any rush to put it together, so I was wondering if I should buy a Centurion 11.5" or 12.5" barrel and just get it reprofiled for the MRP. I know they are gassed well.

Thanks for any help. I searched around, but there's been so many small changes to the MRP/MWS rifles that it's hard to decipher what's current.
    Their is another site with a gentlemen giving great reports on a recent 11.5" suppressed setup. Real great stuff for someone with your questions. I don't own an 11.5" so can't help. I will say that I'm trying my best to find an alternative solution to get barrels converted for MRPs and MWSs. Marvin is just in too high of demand. Someone can make some good money nowadays with ever increasing MRP/MWS ownership.

I'll PM you the link.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Last edited by LMT/556; 03-04-19 at 09:42.

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast