Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mora Knives Only

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post

I have dozens of knives, including custom pieces like the Bloodshark... but for survival knives, the Mora's are all that I need. They're also cheap enough that you can stage them in 3 or 4 places where you might want them (vehicle kit, backpacks, toolbox) and you're still not even out the cost of something like an SRK, Fallkniven F1, or ESEE 4.
    Jim, you have an excellent point (as usual). I keep a couple of these stashed in vehicles, etc. One very nice thing about the Mora's, is you can get them in the bright orange color. That makes them a lot easier to sell as part of an emergency kit, rather than a concealed weapon cunningly hidden in a car.

Or at least, my police neighbors bought the idea when we were discussing vehicle breakdown/storm kits this week.

Feedback Score
    Just got my Mora companion SS in yesterday. I was surprised it had no edge on it, you could literally saw your arm without cutting your skin. I was fine with this as I recently picked up the lansky sharpening system for a more fool proof sharpening system over free hand. I also purchased a strop and used the green compound. This mora got stupid sharp, it will easily make a clean wavy slice through paper with straight downward pressure no need to draw the blade towards or away in a single motion. At 12$ I might pick up 5 more of these to put an edge on then add to various packs.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    if you like Mora knives you should check out Grizzly Outdoors. Matt makes some of the best sheaths for Mora knives I have ever seen.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphman View Post
    Just got my Mora companion SS in yesterday. I was surprised it had no edge on it, you could literally saw your arm without cutting your skin. I was fine with this as I recently picked up the lansky sharpening system for a more fool proof sharpening system over free hand. I also purchased a strop and used the green compound. This mora got stupid sharp, it will easily make a clean wavy slice through paper with straight downward pressure no need to draw the blade towards or away in a single motion. At 12$ I might pick up 5 more of these to put an edge on then add to various packs.
    You got a defect if it didn't have an edge on it. They typically ship razor sharp... sounds like your blade didn't sit in their sharpening jig properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    You got a defect if it didn't have an edge on it. They typically ship razor sharp... sounds like your blade didn't sit in their sharpening jig properly.
    Yeah I was shocked cause reviews had it at out of the box razor sharp. I must have got a defect on my Ontario Rat 3 too cause it came with a very rounded edge.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    Date[d] Thread acknowledged; but here's the three (3) Mora knives that I have:

The Morakniv 729's size in relation to my 13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro:

The 748 and 749 was bought for Kitchen use. Wanted to try something different.

Feedback Score
    CLHC,

Those are some good looking kitchen utensils. I've been using the standard mora's for a few years along with some victorinox knives. Can't say there is anything in the kitchen (or field) that they won't handle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mutedblade View Post
    CLHC,

Those are some good looking kitchen utensils. I've been using the standard mora's for a few years along with some victorinox knives. Can't say there is anything in the kitchen (or field) that they won't handle.
    Thanks mutedblade!

The Moraknivs are widely respected for what it was designed and built (and priced) for by the general consensus. These are among the most (in my opinion) purposeful knives on the market. These come raZor sharp out the case.

Now regarding the Victorinox Forschner Kitchen Cultery knives, one can't go wrong on that choice to.

Feedback Score
    I picked up the Bushcraft Black early summer 2015 after reading reviews of Mora Knives on here. I have to say it's the the best all purpose knife I've ever had. I bought them for my camping bro's for about $50'ish on Amazon. I've seen pics on FB that Mora will be making full tang knives to be introduced at Shot '16.

143.jpg
    Tourniquet, nose hose, chest seal, dart!

In chaos, there is hope!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zekus480 View Post
    I picked up the Bushcraft Black early summer 2015 after reading reviews of Mora Knives on here. I have to say it's the the best all purpose knife I've ever had. I bought them for my camping bro's for about $50'ish on Amazon. I've seen pics on FB that Mora will be making full tang knives to be introduced at Shot '16.

143.jpg
    Indeed. Looking forward to that. They've posted a "clipp[ed]" teaser photo of it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast