Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Looking hard at a OBR

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I've seen a photo of the 5.56 PredatAR barrel, but not the .308. What does the .308 barrel look like?
    Typically cylindrical with some threads on the end.

I'm at a fork in the road. I just got my CQBSS, and simply put even with this or an S&B there's a point where you're basically going from a heavy caliber carbine, to something that's a more mobile precision rig.

I had a conversation today with a couple forum members, discussing this "Sea Change" and how even with a system like a 1-8x there's no magic bullet. This won't be as fast as a system like the T1, and not quite as versatile for long range as one of the dedicated optical scopes. So as I discussed I'm at that fork where either I keep the gun with a T1, and diminish it's capability for long range, or run the CQBSS (ditching the cool guy shit like light and laser) in favor of something that can easily ring steel with FGMM or AMAX ammo, but admit this thing will not out race 5.56 carbines up close.

Tricky. Not sure which route I'll take.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Its incredibly tough to beat a nxs compact 2.5-10x24 w. a T-1 in a LT-724 mount.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 03-05-11 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Light weight SS barrel, lightweight version of the OBR rail, and zero MOA in the top rail.

More of a "hunting" gun I suspect esp given the name. I wouldn't look to it for serious use outside of the normal rigors a hunting gun would expect.

Its why you rarely find lightweight SS barrels on tactical guns. Some comp guys use them but they can change them out when needed.

The price and weight does go down, though. The weight is inline with the EMC and SCAR-H.
    I thought I read somewhere it was also targeted towards 3 gun shooters, I am sure its not only meerly good for hunting.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO27 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere it was also targeted towards 3 gun shooters, I am sure its not only meerly good for hunting.

I mentioned some comp[etition] guys use them. NST for one off the top of my head.

Im just saying it would not be as durable of a barrel as the regular 'full figure' OBR barrel depending on your uses.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ok i've been looking at LT for my next AR, and comparing the OBR with Predatar...

Got a question about the OBR. Is there really a need for 10moa cant on a 12" AR? The reason i ask is a 12" barrel is what i'm looking for.

I can see the 10moa cant on a .308 or a 18-20" 5.56, but a 12"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Ok i've been looking at LT for my next AR, and comparing the OBR with Predatar...

Got a question about the OBR. Is there really a need for 10moa cant on a 12" AR? The reason i ask is a 12" barrel is what i'm looking for.

I can see the 10moa cant on a .308 or a 18-20" 5.56, but a 12"?

Be sure to do your research before going with a sub-16" gun in .308 so that you know it's significant limitations. At twelve inches, you are shooting an AK with twice the recoil and flash.

As for you original question, there is no point in the 10 MOA cant for barrels less than 16".

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    Be sure to do your research before going with a sub-16" gun in .308 so that you know it's significant limitations. At twelve inches, you are shooting an AK with twice the recoil and flash.

As for you original question, there is no point in the 10 MOA cant for barrels less than 16".

I think he is talking about the 556 OBR since as far as I know the OBR only comes in 16, 18, and 20 inches.

Agree in no point on a built in cant on a 12" gun even in 556.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I think he is talking about the 556 OBR since as far as I know the OBR only comes in 16, 18, and 20 inches.

Agree in no point on a built in cant on a 12" gun even in 556.
    Bingo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Nothing wrong with the MWS, but the quality of product you get from the OBR is just MILES ahead of the MWS. It's also a really soft shooting platform considering it's .308, and it's fantastic suppressed with the port selector gas block.

I'd take it hands down over an MWS any day of the week.
    I have an 18" OBR and love it!
    Last edited by ArmedPete; 06-07-11 at 06:43. Reason: Add pic

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456