Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking hard at a OBR

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    I have read there, problem is what I feel I'm looking for is right here in precision semis, forum what I saw there was how "how about", "my" "whats the", I have narrowed it down to either the LMT or OBR, 18" barrel, now its really what are the pros and cons of those two rifles? I was hoping real accuracy shooters who own either of these two would chime in, and share their thoughts, observations, etc
    ETA, Allot of the LMT discussions are with the chrome lined 16". barrel, I'm looking for more a target, vs MBR
    Some of the light bulb moments for me was what kind of MOA can the barrel give me. A lot of people will test out the MOA of their gun at 100 yards. What I want to know is if MOA is achieved at 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards and so forth.

When I did my part, and the stars aligned, I was able to gain a 5.6in group at 600yards but it was only 3 shots. Again, this with a a 16in OBR with M118LR. If you really want specifics for this group, I can get it later tonight for you when I get off work and reference my data book.

-Carlo

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I love mine, hence why I'm consolidating down my .308s lately.
    Same here. I actualy sold my used AIAE and bought a new OBR 16in gun lol

I'll pick up another bolt down the round but it will have to be under $2000.
    Last edited by C45P312; 02-23-11 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    Some of the light bulb moments for me was what kind of MOA can the barrel give me. A lot of people will test out the MOA of their gun at 100 yards. What I want to know is if MOA is achieved at 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards and so forth.

When I did my part, and the stars aligned, I was able to gain a 5.6in group at 600yards but it was only 3 shots. Again, this with a a 16in OBR with M118LR. If you really want specifics for this group, I can get it later tonight for you when I get off work and reference my data book.

-Carlo

Same here. I actualy sold my used AIAE and bought a new OBR 16in gun lol

I'll pick up another bolt down the round but it will have to be under $2000.
    This is what I'm looking for, here, not fanboy stuff, but the truely helpfull info in this forum. I did do some quick figuring this am, and when all the dust settles the OBR might just be cheaper, I really dont need or want BUIS, will I really change from a 18"? Doubt it, the oBR allready has a Geissel trigger, and IIRC 2 mags. From the serious side it will out shoot me. so I can grow into it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you truly want a straight precision AR than I wouldn't get a .308 at all....much better calibers avail. using the .308 case.

With the MWS you can have a 16" Rock SST that has been proven in Astan to be effective up to 1300m, as well as the 20" Rock .260 rem barrel that can turn your .308 Recce type(16" Rock SST) within about a minute into a true precision rifle that will be unmatched by any .308 chambered gun. 6.5creedmoor Rock SS barrel will be a superior option to the .308 as well.

For a .308 precision gun, call it a coin flip b/t the SST barreled MWS and the OBR....for a true precision gun in general, no doubt I am going with a Rock 5R SS .260 rem MWS.

http://demigodllc.com/articles/the-c...260-remington/
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-24-11 at 04:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    If you truly want a straight precision AR than I wouldn't get a .308 at all....much better calibers avail. using the .308 case.

With the MWS you can have a 16" Rock SST that has been proven in Astan to be effective up to 1300m, as well as the 20" Rock .260 rem barrel that can turn your .308 Recce type(16" Rock SST) within about a minute into a true precision rifle that will be unmatched by any .308 chambered gun. 6.5creedmoor Rock SS barrel will be a superior option to the .308 as well.

For a .308 precision gun, call it a coin flip b/t the SST barreled MWS and the OBR....for a true precision gun in general, no doubt I am going with a Rock 5R SS .260 rem MWS.

http://demigodllc.com/articles/the-c...260-remington/
    All good points, here is what I came up with,
    OBR
    1. Giessel Trigger
    2. Two magazines
    3. 2,999.00
    4. 3,439.00 with OBR scope mount and SOPMOD stock.

LMT MWS
    1. Quick change barrel
    2. BUIS
    3. 3360.00
    4. 3500.00+ with a scope mount

Seems pretty clear cut now, even though Trident, brings up some good points, it still hard to overcome the MWS's initial cost, and upgrade/change costs.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with the MWS, but the quality of product you get from the OBR is just MILES ahead of the MWS. It's also a really soft shooting platform considering it's .308, and it's fantastic suppressed with the port selector gas block.

I'd take it hands down over an MWS any day of the week.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Nothing wrong with the MWS, but the quality of product you get from the OBR is just MILES ahead of the MWS. It's also a really soft shooting platform considering it's .308, and it's fantastic suppressed with the port selector gas block.

I'd take it hands down over an MWS any day of the week.
    Yes, I'am leaning hard on the OBR, and yes I do like the 308. To be honest, I will bet it will out shoot my skills. Where is the best place to buy a OBR?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Yes, I'am leaning hard on the OBR, and yes I do like the 308. To be honest, I will bet it will out shoot my skills. Where is the best place to buy a OBR?
    Larue Tactical. They're built to order.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    For what it's worth, my 16in OBR with M118LR @ 2460FPS made consecutive hits @ 960yards. I'm sure 1000yards is doable.

Here's an AAR I did up on the Precision Rifle Class where I took my 960yard hits:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72150

Nice pics and report... Thanks for sharing!!!

NRA Patron Life Member

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    18" probably will not have enough power to get you to 1000 yards if that matters. Otherwise, better in every way.
    Hmmm....are you sure? This is the report from a 16inch OBR @ 1K...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1531299

MW
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceWindu View Post
    Hmmm....are you sure? This is the report from a 16inch OBR @ 1K...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1531299

MW
    Did you not read my real world account posted in this very thread? Yes, I am sure about what we saw happen. I am not sure about this being a general rule but it certainly happened as I posted about in this thread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast