Thread: >>>>> AMMO/BARREL HELP <<<<<

Feedback Score

Question >>>>> AMMO/BARREL HELP <<<<<

Hey all, got a question about the barrel I just purchased and the lot of ammo I currently have. First off the barrels a Sabre Defence 18in fluted SS mid-length
    1/8 twist, the barrel also has 5.56mm on the barrel, will I be able to reliably shoot my lot of ammo (which happens to consist of way more 223 than 5.56) through it or am I stuck with only shooting the 5.56??

OH and I have shit loads of the American Eagle
    Thanks in advance for any and all assistance

Heres some pics:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice barrel but unfortunately the ammo won't suit your needs at all so as a favor to you I'll get you my shipping address so you can send your complete stock of ammo to me for proper disposal.

Glad to be of assistance, Keith

Feedback Score

Question

why would you have any problems shooting .223 out of a 5.56 barrel? there are tons of 5.56 chambered rifles out there, and i'm pretty sure there is more wolf and AE getting burned out of them these days then M855. 5.56 is loaded hot, wolf is way more mild.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-BPM View Post
    why would you have any problems shooting .223 out of a 5.56 barrel? there are tons of 5.56 chambered rifles out there, and i'm pretty sure there is more wolf and AE getting burned out of them these days then M855. 5.56 is loaded hot, wolf is way more mild.

I might be wrong but (I think) I read something somewhere that 223 and 5.56 and dimensionally different and could lead to problems later. Again I could be wrong. I'm not a pro at the AR game (yet) and would like help from those who are. (ie. Pat R. , GotM4, Rob S...........etc)

Feedback Score
    You can shoot .223 ammo in a 5.56x45 chamber with no worries. I have fired many, many thousands of .223 ammo through my 5.56 rifles over the past 20yrs without an issue...including two recently acquired Sabre Defence guns.

There have been a few issues reported when firing 5.56 ammo in a .223 chamber (mostly FTE failures), but not vice-versa.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRich View Post
    You can shoot .223 ammo in a 5.56x45 chamber with no worries. I have fired many, many thousands of .223 ammo through my 5.56 rifles over the past 20yrs without an issue...including two recently acquired Sabre Defence guns.

There have been a few issues reported when firing 5.56 ammo in a .223 chamber (mostly FTE failures), but not vice-versa.

AHHHH Yes, thats the way I remember it, couldn't remember if it was this way or the other, thanks for the help.