Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Need Advice on a 12Ga Pump

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    My thoughts would be to shoot the class as the gun is and learn any shortcomings and how to fix them. I have a couple of buddies taking the Rob Haught here in VB in May. They are both knee deep in the arms race for what they think they need. After having been through this same thing, wait and see. Educated choices will help you from making the purchases twice.
    Former Vickers Shooting Method REI
    914 Consulting LLC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by antlad View Post
    I've just started researching stocks and can't make up my mind as to if a pistol grip gives a bigger advantage than a straight stock. The Knoxx looks promising in terms of it's recoil reducing capability. I like the look of the traditional stock and it feels good mainly because I have more experience with hunting rifles.
    The other advantage of the adjustable to the Antlad household is the Mrs. can shoot it as well. She just shouldered it a while ago and it was a bit cumbersome for her.
    I'm sure this one has been beat to death on m4c but for some reason the search function is not working properly.
    Stick with the traditional stock for now, as others have suggested, and see how you like it. When it comes to stock types, you just have to try them out and see what works best for you and how they fulfill your needs. I've had pistol grips for ages and found that they gave me more control over the gun both in movement and in recoil management. I found this especially true in situations where I needed to keep the gun up with one hand while using the support hand to carry or drag. Granted, I was also wearing a lot of kit and body armor and that also plays a role in how well and where the stock stays put. Try yours out and see what you find.
    Nothing man-portable is guaranteed to end a fight.

Feedback Score
    Like I said earlier, I've got Knoxx stocks on both of mine. The recoil reduction is great, birdshot, buckshot and slugs all feel the same and the recoil is very much reduced. I can shoot slugs all day and be none the worse for wear afterwards. The adjustability is a huge plus, as my wife also shoots my shotguns and I've got over a foot of height on her. They both point naturally and the recoil reduction makes followup shots a breeze.

If you don't want to go to a pistol grip stock, you can also try the Knoxx CompStock if you still want the recoil reduction and you're willing to give up the adjustability. If you can try out a pistol gripped shotgun and compare it to yours then you'll have a better idea of what you want.

Feedback Score
    My Benelli Supernova has not let me down. Not a lot of accessories available though.
    DDM4v5 Eotech 512

Feedback Score
    One more vote for Benelli.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Benelli Supernova has not let me down. Not a lot of accessories available though.
    One more vote for Benelli.
    You guys know he already bought the Remington, right?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    You guys know he already bought the Remington, right?
    Just workin' on that post count...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just workin' on that post count...
    Fair enough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by antlad View Post
    In your opinion is the police model 870 worth the extra $200 over the mossberg 590 A1?
    I have shot quite a few Mossbergs while I was in the Navy...
    That is why I only own Remington 870s
    We had the 500s and they just seemed to rattle apart...

For what you described, any 870 (Express, Wingmaster, Police) with a 18" or 20" bead barrel will work for you. Just oil it up very well and fire 5-6 boxes of birdshot to get it broken in. Then, shoot some different buckshot and slug loads to see what it likes before you go to class.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Asked, answered, and purchased a while ago.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910