Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Trunk Gun - Cheap but reliable

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Budget Trunk Gun - Cheap but reliable

editted
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-30-15 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shoot. I run an SBR as my TRUCK (same idea as Trunk) gun. I don't have a Can or an optic on it though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    All of my SBRs have optics and are $$$. I wouldn't mind running a cheap SBR as a trunk gun. I just don't have one. With Eform 1's taking 3 months, I might have to change that.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Nice setup man, I'd also like to have something dedicated like that.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I don't want to derail this entirely, but you are saying you are OK with someone breaking into your vehicle and stealing this as opposed to a 2K Noveske?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't want to derail this entirely, but you are saying you are OK with someone breaking into your vehicle and stealing this as opposed to a 2K Noveske?
    I'm confused by your question.

Are you asking if I'm okay with my rifle getting stolen because it is not a $2k Noveske? Of course not. I don't want anything of mine to get stolen, even if I only paid $5.00 for it. This rifle won't live in the vehicle 24/7. It's just that it's only purpose is as a trunk gun when I need one. I'll still take every precaution that I can in order to ensure it isn't stolen, just like I do everything I own.

Or, are you asking if my car got stolen and I had a rifle in it, would I rather have this in the trunk than a $2k Noveske? In that case, of course I would.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 08-01-14 at 16:54.

Feedback Score
    I really like this setup. Basic, quality parts, smartly setup.

I actually get the idea behind having a lower cost trunk gun. Nobody wants their gun stolen, or would be okay with it. But having a "beater" gun makes sense to me, and not just due to theft, but also risk of it being damage/destroyed in an accident.

I have had to endure having a firearm stolen out of my car, years ago. It was recovered sometime later, but it really pissed me off, and the thought of someone possibly using my firearm in a crime left me with a very bad feeling. Part of the reason I am doing some research on having a cable style lock attached to a hard case in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

For the lower I was really tempted to use one of my BCM Blems from Grant. I wanted quality parts, but I also wanted to paint this. I'm holding onto my BCM lowers in case prices get stupid high during another panic and didn't want to diminish the value of them with paint, so I decided to build my own.
    I guess I am weird. I did the opposite. During the last panic, a co-worked offered an obscene amount of money for one of my AR's. So I immediately painted my AR's (including my BCM blem lower) specifically to reduce their value, so I wouldn't sell them. I made the mistake of selling off a LMT lower/BCM upper during the previous panic in 2008. Not going to allow myself to do that again.

Additionally, when you mention the state law regarding the "securely encased container", I am curious what State that is?

Also, Eurodriver, is that as in, Euro-Copter driver?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    i am thinking about doing the same thing with the blem upper I grabbed as well. The one thing I am looking for is a way to secure it in my car IE a safe or some sort of locking rig. I am looking for something that would defeat a smash and grab as well as little kids with fingers. ( i havent sorted this part out yet)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What make and model is the bag?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Nice set up.
    How do you plan to carry spare magazines? A "battle belt", chest rig, plate carrier, some kind of "active shooter" style hip bag?

I've personaly been thinking about something like this http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/US-Pe...p%20p20305.htm
    To keep my fighting gear seperate from my "get home" bag. The thought being that if things are bad enough to openly carry a rifle that is one thing, but most of the time just CCing a pistol and some food/water/cloths will get you home.

Also, Why leave the 0-2 aperature up? I've just never heard of that before and would like to hear the thought prosses.

I'm planning on building a similar set up for the same reason. The only difference is I'll be using a spare Elzetta mount for my surefire 6p and I'll be chopping the carry handle.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast