Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rattle Can Paint Job? Check this out

Feedback Score
    I'll give you the "halfway" part. It would seem to me that in it's current configuration that a G17 just might have a longer sight radius and at that point, if the ACOG were to fail you might simply want you go directly to your secondary weapon

The other thing that eludes me is, why paint it sans trigger guard?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageBrew84 View Post
    I'll give you the "halfway" part. It would seem to me that in it's current configuration that a G17 just might have a longer sight radius and at that point, if the ACOG were to fail you might simply want you go directly to your secondary weapon

The other thing that eludes me is, why paint it sans trigger guard?
    Agreed, was trying to give OP of pic benifit of doubt. I'm mainly a irons and micro dot guy... That likes to transition to G19 () secondary.
    But enough of my lack of knowledge in all things ACOG, back to thread topic.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 08-11-14 at 16:14.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I think it's a halfway clever idea (provided it was effective), beats running buis under Acog... I still would have had to orient them facing forward tho.
    Is there something wrong with running BUIS under an ACOG? They're BUis. I have my ACOG on a quick-detach mount- co-witnessing obviously isn't an option with a magnified optic.

That said, I think the pictures above were intended as a joke. At least, I hope they were...
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 08-17-14 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Is there something wrong with running BUIS under an ACOG? They're BUis. I have my ACOG on a quick-detach mount- co-witnessing obviously isn't an option with a magnified optic.

That said, I think the pictures above were intended as a joke. At least, I hope they were...
    I already addressed that. Read the comments between to one you quoted and your own.

I think it's time we either get back on topic with this thread or it ended.

Please no more commenting about sight orientation.

Feedback Score
    the Walmarts in my area of S. FL have all stopped getting the Krylon camo colors and now stock the Rustoleum. Some of the earlier posts mention the Aervoe camo paint. I used a lot of Aervoe about ten years ago. They have a good selection of colors that are true to mil camo and it is very flat. In my area it was only sold at a few Mil Surplus stores.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've used Aervoe paints on a couple of rifles with good results that have held up well. The only grip that didn't hold up well was one with a rubber coat. DSG Arms carries Aervoe paint. There are lots of rifles in the "painted" sub forum done with Aervoe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456