Page 39 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: AR pistol picture thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks Mp I put a lot of time to try and get the best parts IMO and am very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here is mine:

specs are:
    80% lower
    ALG ACT
    VLTOR A5 buffer
    Thordsen/CAA saddle set-up
    BCM 12.5 upper
    Surefire weapon light with IR/white light head
    DBAL I2
    and in the picture a Micro T1 but have replaced that with the T2 as that one has a taller mount.

Feedback Score

Sighted in the iron sights this past weekend, just received the Aimpoint today. I'm pretty happy with how it shoots, although after some more reading around here I might try an H2 buffer and see how it does with a wide range of ammo. (It has an H at the moment.) Seems more than a few people recommend a heavier buffer with an 11.5" bbl w/carbine length gas system.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet66 View Post

Sighted in the iron sights this past weekend, just received the Aimpoint today. I'm pretty happy with how it shoots, although after some more reading around here I might try an H2 buffer and see how it does with a wide range of ammo. (It has an H at the moment.) Seems more than a few people recommend a heavier buffer with an 11.5" bbl w/carbine length gas system.

Very nice. What model aimpoint is that? I'm dying to start my build. We're going to a gun show this weekend to look at some parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MPchinadoll View Post
    Very nice. What model aimpoint is that? I'm dying to start my build. We're going to a gun show this weekend to look at some parts.
    It's the Comp M3, in a Larue LT-129 mount. I wasn't planning on spending that much, until I looked at the cost of a PRO and the LT mount that I would have bought separately. I'm not crazy about the QRP2, both in where it co-witnesses and the big knob sticking out, and ended up replacing it on the PRO I already own. Ordering the M3 from Larue with the mount was only about $20 more than the optic alone at most places, and not a lot more than buying the mount and a PRO separately. The ML3 is a tad cheaper with no NV compatibility, but I still think I will be getting something for basic night vision this year, and decided it was worth the few extra bucks 'just in case.'

Good luck with the gun show, prices have still been a bit stupid on a lot of stuff around here, especially parts and ammo. There are some deals to be had, but I often wonder if some of the vendors have heard of the internet yet. I don't see stuff moving like it was during the panic, it seems like they would start to catch on that it's become more of a buyer's market lately.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    thank you. I'm hopping to find a good 9mm barrel, hi-cap glock mags and some small parts....MP ASAP plate, single point sling stuff like that. Maybe get my mits on a couple FF rails to see what I like. I have my QC10 lower and all the lower parts other than a pistol buffer setup. Also have the glock bolt carrier & rear sight. but I still need a Front sight (thinking about the ARMS 40-F to match the #40 rear that I have) barrel, stripped upper and something nice and simple for the front end that a can will fit under

my husband had some high end 5.56 parts laying around as extras, that he gave me to sell or swap to get my gun off the ground....but I don't think I'd have much luck with that at a gun show.
    Last edited by MPchinadoll; 01-15-15 at 14:57.

Feedback Score

AR pistol pic & discussion thread

-BTO-

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    WOW That lower is crazy cool

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MPchinadoll View Post
    thank you. I'm hopping to find a good 9mm barrel, hi-cap glock mags and some small parts....MP ASAP plate, single point sling stuff like that. Maybe get my mits on a couple FF rails to see what I like. I have my QC10 lower and all the lower parts other than a pistol buffer setup. Also have the glock bolt carrier & rear sight. but I still need a Front sight (thinking about the ARMS 40-F to match the #40 rear that I have) barrel, stripped upper and something nice and simple for the front end that a can will fit under

my husband had some high end 5.56 parts laying around as extras, that he gave me to sell or swap to get my gun off the ground....but I don't think I'd have much luck with that at a gun show.
    Have you had a chance to check out a BCM KMR yet? I have really grown to like mine as has my fiancé. It is slim and doesn't carry unnecessary weight and rail.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 39 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast