Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: AR pistol picture thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by semajwt1 View Post
    Is that a sparc two?
    Yes it is a sparc ll. I love it. Very clear and nice dot. I had a eotech one a rifle in the pass and I think the vortex is way better in my opinion. And at only $200 very good deal, I would pay more for it. But that's why I love vortex so much. I have them on all my rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Poor advice. If that is your choice to keep using the SIG Brace as a stock, that is your prerogative. DO NOT urge others to do the same. Two wrongs do not make a right. NEVER advise anyone to knowingly violate ATF regulations and decisions. BTW, there is nothing for SIG to sue for. The latest decision from the ATF does not make the SIG Brace illegal to use, unless the buyer chooses to use it as a stock for shoulder-firing the pistol. As long as it is used as it was designed and intended, then there is no problem. The problem is with the idiots that want to flirt with danger and continue to use the SIG Brace improperly and for another purpose for which it was intended. These guys created their own problem and there is nobody else to blame but themselves.

so here is what confuses me...did the ATF only rule it illegal to shoulder an AR pistol that has a "sig brace" or is it now illegal to shoulder any AR pistol that has any type of brace/check weld setup?
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by U&A View Post
    so here is what confuses me...did the ATF only rule it illegal to shoulder an AR pistol that has a "sig brace" or is it now illegal to shoulder any AR pistol that has any type of brace/check weld setup?
    They ruled the sig brace illegal to shoulder, and that in turn would make any similar device illegal.

I personally went with the Thordsen Custom cheek piece as they have approval from the ATF to use as a cheek weld device. That at least it's only 2 inches away from the shoulder pocket.... use that info at your own discretion.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    I dont think anything is written as a law yet

but the last letter they put (February??) out also says shouldering a plain pistol buffer tube redesigns what its used for
    or something like that
    already forgot its been a couple months now since everyone was panicking

If you want to play it 100% safe use a pistol only buffer tube add nothing on it

I cheek rest the thordson buffer tube and caa cover, although at the wrong angle it looks like I could be shouldering it, im not
    I find the cheek rest super comfortable and perfect position for me
    you can also arrange your sling to push out forward and make a nice tight fit too, like I do on my ak pistol
    but since I have an area for my cheek with the ar I use that

I see no problem cheek rest the sig brace, but I worry if I let someone else use it they could shoulder it
    where to me a plain buffer tube or thordson cheek rest doesnt really invite shouldering as easily
    I mean no matter what we need a buffer tube, for it to function
    adding paracord, a cover over it does not change it at all from still being a buffertube but you also have to use common sense when doing so

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    They ruled the sig brace illegal to shoulder, and that in turn would make any similar device illegal.

I personally went with the Thordsen Custom cheek piece as they have approval from the ATF to use as a cheek weld device. That at least it's only 2 inches away from the shoulder pocket.... use that info at your own discretion.

yeah thats the main difference between sig and thordson
    sig has the okay to strap to arm to use
    thordson has the okay to place against cheek

so you could say placing the sig against the cheek is a redesign too as its designed to strap to the arm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hi Guys I been reading some of the comments and I thought this issue was put to bed a few weeks back. Shortly after the word that ATF changed its rules about how a sig brace cold be used, ATF put out a official statement saying that there has been no change and that the sig brace can be used anyway the shooter chooses. At the website " truth about guns" they have a actual photo of the entire document released by the ATF on the matter. I would advise you to read it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky_Lover View Post
    I dont think anything is written as a law yet

but the last letter they put (February??) out also says shouldering a plain pistol buffer tube redesigns what its used for
    or something like that
    already forgot its been a couple months now since everyone was panicking

If you want to play it 100% safe use a pistol only buffer tube add nothing on it

I cheek rest the thordson buffer tube and caa cover, although at the wrong angle it looks like I could be shouldering it, im not
    I find the cheek rest super comfortable and perfect position for me
    you can also arrange your sling to push out forward and make a nice tight fit too, like I do on my ak pistol
    but since I have an area for my cheek with the ar I use that

I see no problem cheek rest the sig brace, but I worry if I let someone else use it they could shoulder it
    where to me a plain buffer tube or thordson cheek rest doesnt really invite shouldering as easily
    I mean no matter what we need a buffer tube, for it to function
    adding paracord, a cover over it does not change it at all from still being a buffertube but you also have to use common sense when doing so

+1.

That's exactly how I feel. I personally am fortunate enough to live ina state that allows SBRs so I use them for classes. HD, public range shooting etc.

My AR pistol was built for a backup truck gun on long trips (a way to avoid filing 5320 forms, and having a loaded magazine inserted in the mag well (I have mine with a law tactical folder, in a backpack with a loaded magazine, empty chamber, with safety activated).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky_Lover View Post
    yeah thats the main difference between sig and thordson
    sig has the okay to strap to arm to use
    thordson has the okay to place against cheek

so you could say placing the sig against the cheek is a redesign too as its designed to strap to the arm
    That's nuts. I guess I never understood it that way. So now We can't even use our sig brace as a cheek weld? WTF! They went from "we can't tell you how it's legal to shoot your gun" to telling us that your tounge has to be to the left side of your mouth and you can't fart when doing it, otherwise your reclassifying your firearm.

FU?$ ME!!
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    That's nuts. I guess I never understood it that way. So now We can't even use our sig brace as a cheek weld? WTF! They went from "we can't tell you how it's legal to shoot your gun" to telling us that your tounge has to be to the left side of your mouth and you can't fart when doing it, otherwise your reclassifying your firearm.

FU?$ ME!!
    I dont even think your supposed to shoot a pistol with 2 hands, now thats kind of hard with ar or ak pistols
    right there were doing it wrong

I dont think anything is set into a law yet thats the main importance
    maybe its best to see whats exactly allowed by federal and state law before doing anything

im just saying if you want to play it safe and try to use the letter thordson or sig provides with the items they sell
    then to me it would be smart if your going to cheek a product it would be the thordson or bare buffer tube

if you were going to strap something to your arm it would be the sig brace
    I know the original letter sent with the sig brace I think said you can do what you want, I would have to dig it out to check
    but they did revise it later
    From what I remember thordson only had 1 letter so far but ive already forgotten about all this

Where I live you cant sbr, cant carry loaded or even exposed in a vehicle
    so im sort of stuck with what I got how it is right now to stay within the law

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by semajwt1 View Post
    Hi Guys I been reading some of the comments and I thought this issue was put to bed a few weeks back. Shortly after the word that ATF changed its rules about how a sig brace cold be used, ATF put out a official statement saying that there has been no change and that the sig brace can be used anyway the shooter chooses. At the website " truth about guns" they have a actual photo of the entire document released by the ATF on the matter. I would advise you to read it.
    Any chance you have a link to the article. I tried a search of Truth About Guns and couldn't find it (my google fu is probably weak). I'd like to read it.

Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast