Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: AR pistol picture thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
    That would be correct. The receiver extension as is the barrel, is a permanent part of the rifle. I know they can be removed but not instantly/easily. For the same reason flash hiders do not add to the over all length of the barrel unless pinned/welded.
    Agreed.. the Kak tube is a little longer than a standard pistol buffer tube. My oal is to the barrel muzzle, not including the end of barrel device, as I choose to not pin and weld it. I use the spacers to increase the 'lop' for the sig brace as I have monkey arms (long) and it was a little too short for my liking. They have a 1/2" and a 1" spacer, I am using the 1" for now, see how that works and it does not (I'm fairly certain, according to BATFE) increase the oal of the weapon. My builds are both very close to 26.5" rear of the buffer tube to the muzzle. If I add the spacer in that it would be 27.5" to the muzzle from the rear of the brace, but I'm pretty sure it don't work that way.. lol
    Last edited by Sticky; 06-22-14 at 13:27.
    Beware of Dog. Shoots to kill...

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I'm still fuzzy on the importance of keeping to 26" OAL. The common 11.5" pistol must exceed that length. I understand that the deignation may change from pistol, but have seen nowhere that exceeding 26" makes them NFA. So what is the point of limiting OAL?
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    In some states the laws are different in regards to carry and it may be more beneficial to keep it a pistol..
    Beware of Dog. Shoots to kill...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    I'm still fuzzy on the importance of keeping to 26" OAL. The common 11.5" pistol must exceed that length. I understand that the deignation may change from pistol, but have seen nowhere that exceeding 26" makes them NFA. So what is the point of limiting OAL?
    BATFE ruling is that a pistol can have any length barrel. If the OAL of the pistol is > 26 inches, you can put a vertical grip on it, and it becomes a "firearm". The grip is legal and the "firearm" is not NFA regulated. Take the vertical grip off, and it goes back to being a pistol again.

Apparently (according to my reading), some state regulations go further, and don't allow a pistol over 26" OAL. Keeping the OAL under 26" keeps it a pistol and allows it to be carried loaded in a vehicle from what others have stated. My state does not have the additional regulations over and above the NFA, thank goodness.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Cite for that ruling please, the nfa stuff is often a mess when using the gov sites.

It would be nice to have a list of states with length requirements, maybe stickied on this sub forum, 'pistol legality ', I'll put up az later

Feedback Score
    Last edited by JG007; 06-22-14 at 16:23. Reason: Duplicate

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    Nice build Matt...very similar to the one you did for me...
    WD

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the Wolf Pup. Shooting it will put a grin on your face
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-24-14 at 10:10.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score

Here is my latest frakenbuild. Went with a Noveske 10.5 CQB and the new Noveske KX5 which fits nice and snug under the SLR Rifleworks 12" MLOK rail. I really like the whole setup, can't wait to go shoot it over the 4th.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Over 26", a stock-less AR is a non-NFA "firearm" and subject to standard regulations, may have a vertical grip, but generally cannot be carried concealed.

Under 26", a stock-less AR is a "pistol/handgun" and subject to any state pistol regulations and may generally be carried under a CWP.

http://www.franklinarmory.com/XO-26_Letter__c_.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast