Thread: mk12 with my new Bushnell 3-12x (FFP/.1 mil) range report

Feedback Score

mk12 with my new Bushnell 3-12x (FFP/.1 mil) range report

So I finally took my new Bushnell 4200 3-12x (FFP and .1 mil) scope to the range to sight it in. Windage was spot on right out of the box and elevation was Exactly 1.5 mils low. Dialed up 1.5 and was smack on the bulls eye. Shot a couple more rounds just to verify and was satisfied - Quickest zero I have EVER accomplished, it was awesome. Didn't get a chance to box test it before the wind kicked up, but I dialed up for the 570 yard target and shot 10 or so rounds at it and I was exactly on bullseye when I came back down to my 100 yard zero. I'll do a proper box test next time out. Turrets did have the somewhat 'mushy' feel that others complain about, but the clicks were still present and easy to use...if that makes any sense.

I did notice that at closer ranges (50 yards), the crosshair felt a little out of focus and was very difficult to see on the black targets. Once I moved out to 100 and beyond, it was much better (does that make sense to you guys?). I did mess with focus to alleviate it, but it only did so much. Maybe it was just me or my tired eyes. Either way, I can't say that I've noticed this with my 6-24 Busnell.

Glass is sufficient for this price range, in my opinion. All the targets at 570 yards resolved just fine and brightness is great. All in all, I'm more than happy with spending $530 on such a scope.

I'm REALLY liking matching turrets. After the wind kicked up (about 15-20mph from the NW), I was a bit off on the smaller 570 yard targets. Mil turrets make adjusting such a painless and idiot proof process.

www.mk12.net - Mk12 Mod 0/1 Special Purpose Rifle - Info, pictures, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyMoto View Post
    So I finally took my new Bushnell 4200 3-12x (FFP and .1 mil) scope to the range to sight it in. Windage was spot on right out of the box and elevation was Exactly 1.5 mils low. Dialed up 1.5 and was smack on the bulls eye. Shot a couple more rounds just to verify and was satisfied - Quickest zero I have EVER accomplished, it was awesome. Didn't get a chance to box test it before the wind kicked up, but I dialed up for the 570 yard target and shot 10 or so rounds at it and I was exactly on bullseye when I came back down to my 100 yard zero. I'll do a proper box test next time out. Turrets did have the somewhat 'mushy' feel that others complain about, but the clicks were still present and easy to use...if that makes any sense.

I did notice that at closer ranges (50 yards), the crosshair felt a little out of focus and was very difficult to see on the black targets. Once I moved out to 100 and beyond, it was much better (does that make sense to you guys?). I did mess with focus to alleviate it, but it only did so much. Maybe it was just me or my tired eyes. Either way, I can't say that I've noticed this with my 6-24 Busnell.

Glass is sufficient for this price range, in my opinion. All the targets at 570 yards resolved just fine and brightness is great. All in all, I'm more than happy with spending $530 on such a scope.

I'm REALLY liking matching turrets. After the wind kicked up (about 15-20mph from the NW), I was a bit off on the smaller 570 yard targets. Mil turrets make adjusting such a painless and idiot proof process.

So which one is your MK12?

Feedback Score
    www.mk12.net - Mk12 Mod 0/1 Special Purpose Rifle - Info, pictures, etc.

Feedback Score
    Nice setup!! Did you boresight the scope before heading to the range?? Just curious. Very nice rifle BTW.
    Last edited by duece71; 08-31-11 at 05:26. Reason: Changed ?? to !!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Great job, extremely well executed I'd love to shoot that rifle til it melted however I'm not sure it will melt

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Nice rifle. What barrel are you running?
    Co-Owner - Tier One Defense
    Custom Rifle Builders
    www.tieronedefense.com

LE Firearms Instructor
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have the exact same issue with my Vortex 6-24 FFP. Even on 6x at 50 yards and in the reticle is blurry. After 75 its crystal clear.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What ammo did you use and do you happen to have any chrono numbers for it? I'm trying to determine what the bullet velocity would be at 1,000-yards out of an 18-inch AR in 5.56/.223.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I