Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get your food storage in order. FEMA just ordered $1 billion emergency food...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Get your food storage in order. FEMA just ordered $1 billion emergency food...

Maybe they know something, or maybe the government just has extra cash lying around.

Terror threats appear to be on the rise as FEMA has rushed a $1 Billion order of dehydrated food in the event of attacks on domestic targets in the US.

This is also coming on the heels of one of the largest terror drills performed by the US Navy on American soil, as Operation Solid Curtain is taking place this week.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Terror threats rising as FEMA orders $1 Billion in dehydrated food - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/finance-exam...#ixzz1Evl9rK1s

http://www.examiner.com/finance-exam...ehydrated-food

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can tell you that the terror drills effe'd up everyones commute this morning here in Norfolk

Feedback Score
    Here's the original RFI. It cites:

The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of
    supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the
    sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations. FEMA is considering the following specifications (14M meals per day)
    WikiPedia page on New Madrid Fault System

In a report filed in November 2008, The U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency warned that a serious earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone could result in "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States," further predicting "widespread and catastrophic" damage across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and particularly Tennessee, where a 7.7 magnitude quake or greater would cause damage to tens of thousands of structures affecting water distribution, transportation systems, and other vital infrastructure.[21] The earthquake is expected to also result in many thousands of fatalities, with more than 4,000 of the fatalities expected in Memphis alone.
    The "Big One" could just as likely be on the East Coast, not CA. An the RFI is not an order or Request for Proposal (more formal inquiry about actual procurement), just a Request for Information. Possibly they're playing the numbers of likely natural disasters and severity and don't want to get caught with their pants down like Katrina.
    Last edited by ballistic; 02-24-11 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you should start a blog.

Hah just kidding man. Don't let those who wish to remain blissfully ignorant stop you from sharing important updates with the rest of us.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The New Madrid would explain it. A repeat would be UGLY! It would kill millions.

Another thing, the Mountain House stuff will keep for decades. Much better that MRE's as long as you can get fresh water and you have to provide that anyways.

Very practical to stockpile.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I can tell you that the terror drills effe'd up everyones commute this morning here in Norfolk
    Dahlgren too!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Maybe this is a clue... Be prepared.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    As an aside I wonder what emergency food costs FEMA per serving. Don't MRE's cost the DoD something like 7 bucks per serving? The Mountain House and other backpacking meals are similar in price. Just doing some math, if the emergency meals cost FEMA $3.33 each, then with a 300 million population (10 mil DOA), then $1 bn will provide 1 day's worth of food for the entire country. Of course if the whole country needed emergency food at once, FEMA's ability to respond would be so miniscule as to not be noticed.

Don't we have a strategic grain reserve in case of war? I wonder how much grain it has.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guess it's not tinfoil anymore.
    If God is just, I tremble for my country. - Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Hahahaha! 10 days emergency supply for survival. Make sure there's enough water, forget about food. 10 days is nothing. In any case, if FEMA is doing that - kudos to them. That's their job!

I survived 4 years on minimum food, water and ammo while maximum amount of ordinance was falling on our heads almost all the time.

Sheesh! Seriously - start your blog. I'm tired of people panicking or believing that all around us are conspiracies. For f**k sake people, get real!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast