Thread: Larry Vickers 1911 Pistolsmithing/Advanced Pistol Marksmanship

Feedback Score

Larry Vickers 1911 Pistolsmithing/Advanced Pistol Marksmanship

The desired goal of this program is for the student to have a functional test-firing pistol at the conclusion of the course. Mr. Vickers will be showing you some of the techniques that he has used to build some of the most sought after 1911s in existence today. This is going to be a very comprehensive six-day class covering countless hours of work. One of the highlights of this class will include barrel fitting for which Mr. Vickers abilities and techniques are renowned throughout the pistolsmithing industry.

You will learn the hard-fit method that he has used to build reliable, accurate and durable pistols.
    At the conclusion of this class you will have a pistol that will carry a special serial number commemorating this class, the number will have a unique prefix and the numbers will be issued in the order in which deposits are received.

If you are a 1911 enthusiasts this class will easily pay for itself in a short period of time. You will now be able to build your very own full house custom 1911 from the ground up to your own specifications. You will not have to send your favorite pistol out for reliability modifications any longer.

Immediately after the pistolsmithing class, Mr. Vickers will be conducting another one of his Advanced Pistol Marksmanship classes in the same area. This will give you the opportunity to train with your new pistol and learn to shoot it to it’s full potential with one of the best instructors in the world.

This class is extremely limited in numbers of available slots. There are only four more slots available. The last Vickers 1911 pistolsmithing class we hosted sold out in less than 72 hours, please do not let this opportunity slip by.

This class is going to be in Kansas in March of 2008. The Pistolsmithing class will require a tuition fee of $2,375.00 and if you want to take the APM class it will be an additional $375.00. Please keep in mind the fee for the Pistolsmithing class is tuition ONLY, you will be required to purchase your own parts and tools.

Please contact us as soon as possible to see what you have to do in order to reserve your slot. The most reliable way to reach me is at robertemcleod <at> hotmail.com

Feedback Score
    Please advise the dates of each class and can the APM be taken by itself?

Feedback Score
    Any word on when this class is going?

Feedback Score
    Well my first week long pistolsmithing class just finished up and overall was a big success - all the guns were test fired successfully on day 5 of the 6 day course with excellent results - keep in mind we started day 1 with a box full of parts that required alot of gunsmith fitting; we did not start with a complete gun then modified it

Of course there were lessons learned - tools that were not needed (we did a cut and paste from Cylinder & Slides list), tools that were needed, and some spare parts needed also - I will get all that info to the host of the Ohio 1911 class being held nest month

A big thanx to DVC training for hosting the class and in particular Brett who made an excellent workbench and beltsander/solvent tank table - top notch

My most sincere thanx go to the students who paid ALOT of cash and were great first students - they are now 'plankowners' of the first LAV 1911 pistolsmithing class and did an excellent job

And surprisingly to some people on this board and over at 10-8 forums I did not want to slit my wrists by day 2 - I actually enjoyed it and expect it to be regular part of my training offerings

Anyone interested in future classes, or hosting a class, please contact me direct and I will get you on track

Cheers

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Talk about a class I would LOVE to take if I could get the scratch together to do it.....

I'm drooling over here....

Feedback Score
    Larry, what skill level should someone be at before attending this class? Skill levels listed and brief descriptor of what I consider these levels.

Never torn down a gun beyond field stripping?

Armorer level skill; tear down modern weapons and keep them working?

Basic Gunsmithing level: install rifle barrels and do final chamber reaming?

Gunsmith level: full rifle builds, including filing for fit and finish applications?

I think this class would be a nice one to hit in a few, but I would like to be able to enjoy the class, and not be that guy holding the whole class up. So what level should I get to before hitting it?

Feedback Score
    You need to have a good working knowledge of how the 1911 functions and be able to manage some hand tools such as files, stones, emery paper, and a Dremel tool - we are not exactly doing brain surgery but if an individual does not really understand how a 1911 goes bang he will be hopelessly behind

Hope that explanation helps

Cheers

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looked like a good course. Would have liked to attended.

Mr. Vickers, I've dropped you a PM with a few questions.

Thanks!

Giff
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms