Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-gun matches at Black Creek (near Richmond, VA)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sounds like we need to form a contingent of m4carbine.net members.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    Sounds like we need to form a contingent of m4carbine.net members.
    We should squad together.........the link is dead now, how do we sign up?
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    We should squad together.........the link is dead now, how do we sign up?
    That would be really fun!

The web site is usually available. Must be having server trouble at present. Expect it will be back up presently.

Joe also usually sends out an email a week or so ahead of time -- with the distribution list made from past participants -- when he is ready to start taking names. Registering is done just by emailing him back. I'll try to remember to cc Joe's email here when I receive it (probably sometime around Christmas), so anyone who wants to register can contact him directly. The upcoming COF's usually are posted on the web site at about the same time.

It would probably help Joe to let him know if we want to form a squad. He is very organized and likes to have everything worked out as in-advance as possible. Each of us registering could probably just say something like "I want to be squadded with the other m4carbine.net folks" for him to take care of it. Small groups of people will often come together and receive similar accommodation. Hopefully I'll be able to make it and can get the ball rolling.

Check back here toward the end of Dec. for more developments.

Feedback Score
    I have Joes email and will get it up here soon. The site has been going up and down lately, I don't know why.
    Joe will post the COF 1-2 weeks before the shoot.
    Registration opens up at midnight the Sunday night/Monday morning before the shoot, first come, first served for the first 30 people. Sometimes he will take a few more, and hold a list for any that back out.
    I believe if we ask, he will squad us together, especially if we do so with our pre-registration. When you pre-register, he will send you a confirmation email.
    I'll get his address up here probably later tonight after work, I'll just edit it into this post.

Edited to add: Joes email address is binazone@verizon.net
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    Joe put on a good shoot last month (November).

Nothing too dramatic as far as the rifle part (max range was about 80-90 yards) but the slug shots at that range were a challenge.

I hadn't shot my rifle since the scope mount came loose the day of the last Mason/Dixon, so I had to re-zero the night before out at BRA. I used the very first 80% casting I built - the one with the JB weld/buffer tube.

I realized before the match that I had sold all my good match ammo for a profit when the prices went up (was planning to reload my own - still am) so I had to shoot the match with 62grn Wolf ammo. I drove down with Salzberg & we were back on the road north by 2. I hadn't shot a 3 gun in over a year. But I was lucky & managed to finish right behind Joe; the Wolf ammo did not even blow up my gun or break an extractor.

Robb- remember the old G17 I used to use in GSSF? Its still going strong in 3gun.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Joe put on a good shoot last month (November.....I hadn't shot a 3 gun in over a year. But I was lucky & managed to finish right behind Joe......
    That's pretty damn good. Joe is fast fast.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Joe put on a good shoot last month (November).

Nothing too dramatic as far as the rifle part (max range was about 80-90 yards) but the slug shots at that range were a challenge.

I hadn't shot my rifle since the scope mount came loose the day of the last Mason/Dixon, so I had to re-zero the night before out at BRA. I used the very first 80% casting I built - the one with the JB weld/buffer tube.

I realized before the match that I had sold all my good match ammo for a profit when the prices went up (was planning to reload my own - still am) so I had to shoot the match with 62grn Wolf ammo. I drove down with Salzberg & we were back on the road north by 2. I hadn't shot a 3 gun in over a year. But I was lucky & managed to finish right behind Joe; the Wolf ammo did not even blow up my gun or break an extractor.

Robb- remember the old G17 I used to use in GSSF? Its still going strong in 3gun.
    Good job!

I might be shooting my Glock 17 as my M&P9 will be away getting a 6lb SNAPPY super short reset trigger job. Hopefully you can make this one too.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I am determined to make the Dec. 29 match. THIS TIME FOR SURE ! ! !

Shall truly suck being so out-of-practice, but that can't be helped. If I can just shoot clean I'll be happy, however slow it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    ......I might be shooting my Glock 17 as my M&P9 will be away getting a 6lb SNAPPY super short reset trigger job......
    Not sure if I'll try the M&P9 (would be its first match) or default to the reliability of the fully shook-out G19. As much as I like the M&P, I'm definitely not as accustomed to it yet. Hard to say what direction the brain would fart in given new hardware.

Otherwise, the M&P15 and Rem. 870 shall round-out the gear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    I am determined to make the Dec. 29 match. THIS TIME FOR SURE ! ! !
    Not sure if I'll try the M&P9 (would be its first match) or default to the reliability of the fully shook-out G19. As much as I like the M&P, I'm definitely not as accustomed to it yet. Hard to say what direction the brain would fart in given new hardware.
    Otherwise, the M&P15 and Rem. 870 shall round-out the gear.
    Thanks guys! RE: handgun choice: I did not know what Joe had planned nor what his stages will be like on the 29th, BUT,

-these 3 gun shoots often require you to re-holster the handgun on the clock.

I usually shoot a CZ without a de-cocker (safety is disabled) so I don't feel good about re-holstering it hot. Hence, I use my old Glock.

You could also use a Sig, but I'd suggest de-cocking it before you re-holster during a stage.

Best plan I think is to just use the Glock or M&P - but that's just me. See you on the 29th.

d.

Feedback Score
    Joe told me at November's shoot, and in the email he sent with the scores that next month will be close and high round counts. Nothing over 30 yds. Lots of movement and weapon transitions, a rifle sling will be necessary.

I'm planning to use my Glock 21, my 870, and Beretta CX4 in .45. My Frankengun AR will be my rifle backup.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast