Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-gun matches at Black Creek (near Richmond, VA)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    ......next month will be close and high round counts. Nothing over 30 yds. Lots of movement and weapon transitions, a rifle sling will be necessary.....
    Those 80-yard minipoppers and lollipoppers have always been my nemesis. Guess I won't have to worry-about/practice-for them this time.

I bet he will have lots of those less-than-optimal shooting positions though. Master your yoga, Grossoppah.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    Those 80-yard minipoppers and lollipoppers have always been my nemesis. Guess I won't have to worry-about/practice-for them this time.

I bet he will have lots of those less-than-optimal shooting positions though. Master your yoga, Grossoppah.
    St. Charles used to do some stuff like that. Tiny blue and red MGM poppers at 150yds, lolli-pops at 125yds just visible over a small berm........tricky stuff. At Shooters (indoor match) one time they set up a shoot target at 25yds with no-shoots at 10-15yds blocking it in the front exposing on the head. Many guys hit the no-shoots because they forgot or didn't know that their rounds would go low at that distance and they had shot at the middle of the targets head instead of right at the top of it.

I'll be shooting my Benelli M1, Glock 17 and depending on the COF maybe my 3gun rifle maybe my SBR.........either way 'Tactical' division.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    ......a shoot target at 25yds with no-shoots at 10-15yds blocking it in the front exposing on the head. Many guys hit the no-shoots because they forgot or didn't know that their rounds would go low at that distance and they had shot at the middle of the targets head instead of right at the top of it.
    Jim Crews' "holdover" concept. Never seen that used in a match. Would be a great challenge.

I'll be shooting my Benelli M1, Glock 17 and depending on the COF maybe my 3gun rifle maybe my SBR.........either way 'Tactical' division.
    Looks like my M&P9 is now well enough vetted to join the M&P15 and Rem. 870. Plan to mothball the G19 for the time being.

Feedback Score
    At Shooters (indoor match) one time they set up a shoot target at 25yds with no-shoots at 10-15yds blocking it in the front exposing on the head. Many guys hit the no-shoots because they forgot or didn't know that their rounds would go low at that distance and they had shot at the middle of the targets head instead of right at the top of it.
    Do you remember the time we had to hit a life-saver candy hanging from a wire at 25 yards? Then there was the time they made you start with a full-auto Thompson SMG, then transition to a rifle, then pistol. Those were the days. Not looking too likely that we will make this month's match. Maybe in 2008.

Douglas

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Do you remember the time we had to hit a life-saver candy hanging from a wire at 25 yards? Then there was the time they made you start with a full-auto Thompson SMG, then transition to a rifle, then pistol. Those were the days. Not looking too likely that we will make this month's match. Maybe in 2008.

Douglas
    Yes I remember the life-saver (candy) hanging from the string. The only guy from out group (VA Arms crew) that hit it was Tactical Shooter (aka Pat D) and the f***er hit it using a 4MOA Aimpoint on his Colt!

On the Thompson stage I hit it 2 times out of the burst of 3 rounds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "and the f***er hit it using a 4MOA Aimpoint on his Colt! "

Hey I resemble that remark!

Sterling's matches were alot of fun.

The shot on the lifesaver was a lucky one but I have worked holdovers in training classes before so I knew in theory what I had to do to hit it. It was cool to see it break. GotM4 and Yoda would usually kick my a$$ in those matches but I held my own with my "fairly" stock Colt. Those were good times.

Since it sounds like everything is going to be up close at the December 29th match, I may just shoot my Colt again. I have "upgraded" to a 2MOA Aimpoint so perhaps I'll be a bit more competitive. The last rifle side match I shot at Blackwater, my buddy lent me his high speed 3 gun rifle and some crap HK magazines which promptly rewarded me with a type 3 malfunction. It probably took me 20 seconds to fix the gun and I finished pretty far back but I was proud of myself for hanging on and fixing the rifle. My buddy, let's just call him f***er, who lent me the rifle and mags went on to win that rifle side match with a 10.5" SBR and a 4MOA Aimpoint.

Can't wait for the new Giselle (Spelling?) non adjustable triggers to hit the market. If they are as good as everyone says, I will be buying 2 of them.

I don't think I've even used my Benelli once since the last shooters Paradise 3 gun match I attended but I imagine it'll still run.

Pistol wise I think I'll run my Glock 34. GotM4 gave me the remains of an old Safariland 6004 in FDE for a 34/35 and I think I'll piece it back together for this match.

Hope to see everyone there. I sincerely hope it isn't like 10 degrees out since GotM4 will make me go anyway. That f***er
    Team Virginia Arms member
    USPSA Limited B and Production C shooter, IDPA SSP-SS

formerly known as TacticalShooter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalShooter View Post

Hope to see everyone there. I sincerely hope it isn't like 10 degrees out since GotM4 will make me go anyway. That f***er
    I don't care if there's a foot of snow on the ground, it's snowing and 10 degrees. We're still shooting !

Feedback Score
    Got a message from Joe today. He has sent the COF to the webmaster, so it should be up soon. He says its close and personal, with high round counts and lots of transitions. Ammo for 1st stage will need to pass a magnet check (no AP). It'll be cool to meet up with everybody, although I've met Gotm4 already.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    E-mailed Joe yesterday, so now i'm in. Now for what I plan on running, pistol G-17, shotgun, Winchester 1300, rifle, i'm still undecided at this point, either my flattop with ACOG, or my A-2. This will be my first 3-gun since June, so please forgive my rustiness. See everybody there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just now back after being off-line since Friday.

See the Joe email -- am going to respond and reserve my spot now.

Is everyone indicating m4carbine.net affiliation to get squadded together? I plan to.

ETA -- my ML2 is 4 MOA. I feel funny enough not using the iron sights, which I can no longer see with my near-50 eyes......that's 25 years per eye!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast