Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range 37 - Gunfighter Match this Saturday March 5

Feedback Score

Range 37 - Gunfighter Match this Saturday March 5

Any shooters in the RDU/Fayetteville areas should come by and check out the Gunfighter League matches at Range 37 in Bunnlevel.

Basically a two-gun match (carbine/sidearm) with lots of targets, a few obstacles, and sometimes even pyrotechnics. The scenarios are mixed up from month to month, but count on 3-5 stages with lots of movement and use of cover, several combat training exercises, and a run through the 10 room shoot-house.

Sign up is at 11:00 with the safety brief at 11:45. See GunfighterLeague.com for more details.

Feedback Score
    I shot it today and it was awesome...had a blast...

Grant
    " Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, you might meet'em both if you show up here not welcome son.." -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    Glad you made it out Grant, that was a fun match!

Scores are up here.

Feedback Score
    I was disappointed with my finish..I was one miss from shooting stage one clean...I could of used those 20 secs....awesome match though
    " Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, you might meet'em both if you show up here not welcome son.." -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    Yeah, Frankie's scoring system makes it VERY advantageous to shoot smart and accurately.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    dude, I've been missing out.

Whats the round count for this match, and anything a first timer should know before showing up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    dude, I've been missing out.

Whats the round count for this match, and anything a first timer should know before showing up?
    Did you shoot yesterday? It was good times for all...100 rds each is plenty...most fun you can have for $15....

Grant

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rak320 View Post
    Did you shoot yesterday? It was good times for all...100 rds each is plenty...most fun you can have for $15....

Grant
    You got that right. The kill house setup was insane. Probably the best I've seen so far.

Anyone even thinking about it should come by and check it out. Far different from any other matches.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rak320 View Post

Grant
    Yeah man, I was the one in the tan interceptor and battle belt in group 2. Who was rockin the M4c shirt and M&P15? welchtactical is one of the RO's, he must have had a bad day cause I finished right behind him on my first match.Find her channel on youtube, he got some helmet cams of the matches.

I think they should turn this style match into a federation like IDPA etc. It would bring the anti gaming crowd out and prob force a few IPSC wieners over to the dark side.

I def learned some valuable stuff.

1:I have no bid'ness with a 300y zero. my head shots from the far port went high and all I saw was berm moving behind the target, thought I was good. other than that, I had one procederal in the house for exposure.

2: row machines,slo runs and rucking arnt enough for cardio. I need to do more sprints w vest.

3:I need to buy a key fob camera, so i can review and learn more from each match

I'm making this priority one as far as matches go.

Feedback Score
    I shot the matches this weekend as well. Did ok in the Friday Night Fights match and definitely not as well as I wanted in the Gunfighter... oh well, everyone has one of those days. I'm happy with my shooting consistency wise, but the speed just wasn't there for some reason. This is McGraw by the way. Good shooting with y'all!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast