Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Range 37 - Gunfighter Match this Saturday March 5

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like the match, but not that much,and I usually take people to mean what they say.

The problem is I'm not home enough to warrant paying some of the range memberships around here. The local sherrif range here is 20 mins up the road and 25$ a year for a nice range, but they want 100$ to do a background check on me when I have a CCW and a ****ing SECRET clearance( i realize that dosent mean much, but it does mean something). Thats ****ing robbery. For 100$, I can drive a little bit more and go to Ant Hill, which is like a damm golf course, with lots of training bays and steel target to use.

Feedback Score
    Great match today!

Feedback Score

Another Great Gunfighter Match

I Went to the Gunfighter match in Bunnlevel, NC yesterday and had a great time! The staff and other shooters there are a great bunch of people. I have zero tactical skills so these matches are teaching me a lot. It's also nice to have Frankie teach a basic class on the stage he ran.

I never realized the level of situational awareness and knowledge necessary to CORRECTLY fight on a Warfighter's level! Whoever thought that walking and shooting at static targets would be so difficult?!? There are so many ways to do it wrong, it's not funny. I'm just happy that Frankie was there after the stage to correct me and show me the right way! This was the stage he taught the class.

The shoot house was great. It really showed me that a threat can be ANYWHERE! I would have been shot twice had they been real BG's. I've read various debates on whether you should clear your home or not if an intrude is in your home. I see now why there are so many detractors to clearing your home. I can't convey the feelings as I walked out of the shoot house. It was fun, lots and lots of fun. I know I had a big grin on my face. At the same time it was sobering to know that there are men and women that do this "for real" and they don't lose points, they lose their life!

The "long" stage involved getting out of a SUV, shooting two pop up targets, stay behind cover and engaging three or four targets. You then had run to a ladder, climb up and engage three targets, come down the ladder and run back to cover. There you engage three or four targets. It's not over yet, you then run to a low barricade, lay down and engage three targets. I'm sure I forgot everything I learned (what little of it) but had a wonderful time. On a side note to this match, I also learned about kit (gear) set up. What I had and used worked OK. Not great, just OK. I see now that there are certain things I need to change to make my kit "better". The match was also a walking gear store. Everyone had something different and unique to their needs and I got to see in action what seemed to work and what didn't.

I WILL be coming back for another match. My goal is to be a prepared American. Prepared for what? Anything that comes along that infringes on my or my families rights and freedoms.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 06-03-12 at 18:38.
    "Live for something rather than die for nothing." - Gen. George Patton

"If you come expecting a fair fight, you are unprepared." - Magpul

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I Went to the Gunfighter match in Bunnlevel, NC yesterday and had a great time! The staff and other shooters there are a great bunch of people. I have zero tactical skills so these matches are teaching me a lot. It's also nice to have Frankie teach a basic class on the stage he ran.

I never realized the level of situational awareness and knowledge necessary to CORRECTLY fight on a Warfighter's level! Whoever thought that walking and shooting at static targets would be so difficult?!? There are so many ways to do it wrong, it's not funny. I'm just happy that Frankie was there after the stage to correct me and show me the right way! This was the stage he taught the class.

The shoot house was great. It really showed me that a threat can be ANYWHERE! I would have been shot twice had they been real BG's. I've read various debates on whether you should clear your home or not if an intrude is in your home. I see now why there are so many detractors to clearing your home. I can't convey the feelings as I walked out of the shoot house. It was fun, lots and lots of fun. I know I had a big grin on my face. At the same time it was sobering to know that there are men and women that do this "for real" and they don't lose points, they lose their life!

The "long" stage involved getting out of a SUV, shooting two pop up targets, stay behind cover and engaging three or four targets. You then had run to a ladder, climb up and engage three targets, come down the ladder and run back to cover. There you engage three or four targets. It's not over yet, you then run to a low barricade, lay down and engage three targets. I'm sure I forgot everything I learned (what little of it) but had a wonderful time. On a side note to this match, I also learned about kit (gear) set up. What I had and used worked OK. Not great, just OK. I see now that there are certain things I need to change to make my kit "better". The match was also a walking gear store. Everyone had something different and unique to their needs and I got to see in action what seemed to work and what didn't.

I WILL be coming back for another match. My goal is to be a prepared American. Prepared for what? Anything that comes along that infringes on my or my families rights and freedoms.

Frankie runs a great match. Its fun and you learn stuff everytime out.....I wish I could of made it...I'll be there come the fall.

Grant
    " Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, you might meet'em both if you show up here not welcome son.." -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    Good morning all, I'm reviving this thread to get NC members that have not been to Friday Night Fights (1st Friday of the month) or Infidel Gunfighter League (1st Saturday of the month) out to shoot. There's a lot of really good people there from Responsible Citizens, LEO's, and Mil guys. All are welcome to come check out my BCM fanboy build to my buddy's War Sport Industries LVOA. We try and get those that can to go to grab a bite in Fayetteville and later have a few beers at Paddy's that night. Come on out to shoot, test your skills, talk guns and lie about fish and women! image.jpg
    Tourniquet, nose hose, chest seal, dart!

In chaos, there is hope!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345