Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Burris Fullfield TAC30 1-4x Scope

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    According to Burris' website the center dot of the ballistic CQ reticle is 2.4" at 100yards, ie 2.4 moa.
    So it is. Sorry for the brain fart; I have edited the OP to reflect this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotica View Post
    How big does the actual reticule seem when looking with your own eyes? or is it a tiny little thing you have to use a microscope to see?
    It's a very comfortable size. The center dot reminds me very much of my Aimpoint, with a bunch of other "stuff" around it. Of the additional hold-over dots, only the smallest one is difficult for me to make out. My eyesight generally sucks, so YMMV. The photo in the post above is a very good representation of how the reticle appears to the naked eye, and how much of the FOV the reticle occupies.
    Last edited by shooter521; 03-05-11 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used my TAC30 on a coyote trip a few weeks back, and was happy with it. The weather was awful; up to 30 mph (really) winds, our campsite was at ~4000 feet, in the fog, and rainy/drizzle the whole time. Temps avg 35-40
    My rifle sat outside alot of the time at the campsite (plinking alot) and slung on my shoulders/back for hours of hiking/hunting and not an issue with fogging or moisture creeping into the electronics.
    When I got home, the exterior had alot of 'funk' on it from the campfire, grit from the wind blowing so damn much, and the glass was nasty. I carefully cleaned the glass, and everything looks like new.
    I will be taking this off my SBR for my ss barreled varmint upper & maybe swap occassionally on a 14.5 Lite build I'm working on for 3 gun/hike hunts however, as I prefer my aimpoint H1 on the SBR, and the bdc doesn't really work for a 10.5" barrel after 150 or 200 yds (we had targets out to ~420 yards) and I could make them out in the bdc reticle.
    Last edited by jdub75; 03-07-11 at 14:40.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Burris has pre-released their 1x4 MTAC. It's a repackaged Fullfield TAC 30 in black with a rheostat know instead of a pushbutton for illumination. SWFA has them right now for $299. Order the Fullfield TAC 30 and use "BO" in the discount coupon area to receive the MTAC. Burris is doing this due to the lack of being able to deliver the Fullfield TAC 30's.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Burris has pre-released their 1x4 MTAC. It's a repackaged Fullfield TAC 30 in black with a rheostat know instead of a pushbutton for illumination. SWFA has them right now for $299. Order the Fullfield TAC 30 and use "BO" in the discount coupon area to receive the MTAC. Burris is doing this due to the lack of being able to deliver the Fullfield TAC 30's.
    thanks for this. the only thing holding me back from getting a Tac-30 was the goofy illum adjustment. the new Mtac also has the focus and power rings separate from the ocular bell which is a good ting in my book. I ordered one. winning!..

any idea how long before it ships???
    Last edited by ra2bach; 07-29-11 at 14:29.
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    How many is available. How long will this deal last?
    Last edited by bowfisher; 07-28-11 at 15:33. Reason: messed up

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    thanks for this. the only thing holding me back from reviewing this was the goofy illum adjustment. the new Mtac also has the focus and power rings separate from the ocular bell which is a good ting in my book. I ordered one...

any idea how long before it ships???
    SWFA stated they will have them in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't wait if you want one for this price as this deal is only until they receive the TAC 30's which have been on backorder forever.
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 07-29-11 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, I am glad I read this.

After deciding not to get one of the TAC30's because of how hard they were to find, the eye piece setup, and the illumination button. I had been saving up for a Trijicon but still was not really wanting to shell out almost a grand for one, I saw this, and jumped on it like a fat kid on cake!

Now to just get the LaRue mount for it!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    - edited - I carefully reread your post and realized my error -

Thanks for the heads up, I have one on the way!

Harold
    Last edited by punkey71; 07-29-11 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the tip, Singlestack Wonder. I have been waffling about purchasing a piece of affordable glass for quite some time, and the TAC30 has always been #1 or #2 on my list. The features of the TAC30 MTAC plus the SWFA special price combined to give me the kick in the pants I needed to put this decision to rest. Woot!
    One doesn't need to be sick to get better.

Feedback Score
    Single stack wonder,
    If I ever meet you, I will buy you a cold one. Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get refunded my order for the Tac30 that has been sitting for a while, and didn't look like it would be shipping anytime soon, and was able to get what may be a better scope for less.

Glad I was able to get in on this, thanks again! Damn with the amount of money I have saved by not buying crap, and by getting good advice by reading this site, I may well be able to fund a second quality rifle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast