Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in Washington State and I want to shoot dammit

Feedback Score

I'm in Washington State and I want to shoot dammit

Someone please tell me, can I drive up to the timberlines and find a safe spot and just have a day of shooting? I am tired of ranges and their rules and how these muzzle loading fools always act like they're more high speed than me. bottom line I wanna shoot and not deal with anyone. please let me know if there is a link to laws let me know and if you know a nice creek bed that needs to be filled with lead LET ME KNOW! what is the laws surrounding shooting in the foothills and what not

Feedback Score
    I'd be curious if anyone has some info on this as well. A friend of mine went way off into the woods down near Centralia a week ago. We just started sighting in when a security guy showed up - evidently we were on the back side of a now abandoned mine, but they still did the rounds to check all the gates. Ostensibly for liability reasons.

At any rate, the guy was totally cool, and gave us directions to a small strip of land which the owner had designated as a place to shoot. It had a small shack, probably big enough for 2-3 people. We spent about an hour there, but I would honestly like to find something more remote that wasn't right off a main road...

As an aside, Greenwater is a likely spot with all the logging roads they have, but it's been ages since I've been up that way to know if you can still get away from plinking around...

~m
    Last edited by mikbau; 03-01-11 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    this is the AR sub-forum- not the correct place to post this.

since this is a regional question, it should be posted in the regional discussion sub-forum - http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=155

not to be super insulting, but if you'd done even a basic once-over, you would know this sub-forum exists.

as to the question- while i'm sure they exist, somewhere out there on the east coast or some shit, i've never heard of a state law that even addresses where you can or can't shoot. there are city and county ordnances that prohibit discharging a firearm within their city limits/urban growth boundaries, but you can legally discharge your firearm in probably 98% of the state. just find a place with a good backstop, no houses or major roads within the range of your weapon, and blast away. try to make sure you're not on privately owned private property (versus corporate owned private property, which is usually good to go).
    Last edited by bkb0000; 03-01-11 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    Mods, if ya can, please move to the appropriate forum

As for the rules...I believe that King County has an ordinance that states you cannot shoot within 500 (not sure if it's feet or yards) of a residence. Obviously YMMV if you are in another county or within city limits.

~m

Feedback Score
    mikbua
    Yea that law is in about every state that I know of! No shooting within 500 feet of occupied dwelling! Now as to finding a place to shoot - do you have any BLM land near you? I got about 2 million acres around me here in Idaho so I can go just about any where and shoot!
    Last edited by GunnutAF; 03-01-11 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sixgun-symphony View Post
    ...buncha irrelevant trivialties...
    you've been here less than a month, so let me offer you some advice: quit shitting all over every ****in thread you come across. if all you have to offer is this weird, dorky attempt at arrogance, you're not going to be welcome for long.

contribute something to the board or GTFO.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    That was entertaining. I think he took his muzzleloader and left.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hickuleas View Post
    That was entertaining. I think he took his muzzleloader and left.
    hilarious...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just got through cleaning up a huge spill of Pointless Drivel on Aisle #4.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast