Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's talk about 300AAC accuracy...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I'm rather uneducated in general to this new exciting option for the AR platform, and among the aspects of this caliber that I'm very excited to discover is the potential accuracy of it. Specifically out to 200yds., and how the use of a suppressor and subsonic's will play into this equation. If anybody has done any kinda accuracy testing, or can shed light on this aspect of this new caliber that would be much appreciated. Any info specific to short barrel lengths would also be fantastic
    I spoke to Todd at Noveske yesterday, once we have our 18" 300 AAC BLK uppers we are going to put them through their paces here in Atlanta. We will get some results posted from the 18" barrels we are having done up. We will shoot them over a Chrony and I will post the load data for you.

I imagine the barrels will shoot very very well. As soon as we get everything together I will get some feedback on here for you.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Accuracy, muzzle velocities, horsepower numbers and gas mileage all fall into the same category- They are claims accurate enough for the ad-writers and remain unsubstantiated by the average consumer so that men who spend too much time together have something to compete with in bench races and argue about. They only become lies when the other guy becomes too smug.

Accuracy with the 300 ACC should be no different than any other caliber. Case shape may affect accuracy enough for benchrest competitors but not enough to be a concern for real world usage. What matters more is consistency of ammunition and rifle, properly matching chamber, neck and leade dimensions to the case and quality of the barrel. There is no reason why the 300 ACC should be any less accurate than any other cartridge out to a range the bullet remains supersonic
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-03-11 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    Almost always but 300 AAC BLACKOUT muzzle velocities are not inflated. Remington is claiming 2280 and people are reporting 2320 to 2360. Also the accuracy specs I put out are not only actual, but based on a large sample size (50 or more rounds).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    I spoke to Todd at Noveske yesterday, once we have our 18" 300 AAC BLK uppers we are going to put them through their paces here in Atlanta. We will get some results posted from the 18" barrels we are having done up. We will shoot them over a Chrony and I will post the load data for you.

I imagine the barrels will shoot very very well. As soon as we get everything together I will get some feedback on here for you.
    I got ants in my pants....

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have a lonely LMT lower in the safe waiting for a mate. I would love a complete LMT or BCM upper.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There is no better time to buy a MRP CQB chassis than in a few weeks.

It's gonna be at least several more yrs. til the MWS starts to really unlock it's full potential, however the MRP after 7 yrs. now is a golden goose that is certainly laying the golden eggs

This is from all appearances gonna be one of if not the best way to fully utilize a MRP CQB chassis in respect to running your MRP secondary setup in 300AAC(it will be my primary once I get the SDN-6 can) and your primary is the time tested 10.5" CL 5.56.

I promise I'm not foaming at the mouth for a 10"ish MRP 300AAC barrel, AAC SDN-6 can, and a ton of subsonic ammo....it is consuming my entire AR brain currently

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Sounds like the way to go right now.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I hadn't really given a whole lot of thought into realistically owning a .300 AAC rifle until about 20 minutes ago.

Would love to run an 8" for my next SBR. This looks like a seriously promising caliber.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123