Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: New BH 5.56 mm 50 gr TSX initial data

Feedback Score
    Not yet, but I did load up 200 of the 62 grain Barnes TSX and have experienced similar results with them too so far.....

I like how long these bullets are. It is freaky how well they petal out and perform, Barnes seriously engineered this bullets to a "T"!

Feedback Score

Talking

Here is the 400+ pound hog that petaled 70 grain TSX bullet came out of, one shot @ 175 yards.....

P.S. that is not a plastic toy SIG 556!
    Last edited by SkyPup; 10-07-13 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    Does the neighbor know you shot his cow? That is one big piggy!
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That porker right there could put a serious hurt on you. Well, he used to be able to anyway

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What would be a good training bullet to get similar POI as the 50gerbarnes? Out of my stash of similar weighted 224 projectiles I havent found one with the same ogive to base length.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    ATG has this in stock right now not sure how long it will last.
    i would hope this new stuff black hills is producing is identical to the older stuff

Feedback Score
    image.jpg
    On the left is BH 5.56 50gr TSX and on the right is XM193 55gr both at 50 yards using Aimpoint in 14.5" barrel with 1/7 twist. RD is zeroed at 50 yards using the XM193... 3" high for the TSX seems like a pretty significant POI shift to me for 50 yards. has anybody else encountered this? Any recommendations for a different practice ammo that shoots similar to the BH 50gr TSX?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGriffin85 View Post
    image.jpg
    On the left is BH 5.56 50gr TSX and on the right is XM193 55gr both at 50 yards using Aimpoint in 14.5" barrel with 1/7 twist. RD is zeroed at 50 yards using the XM193... 3" high for the TSX seems like a pretty significant POI shift to me for 50 yards. has anybody else encountered this? Any recommendations for a different practice ammo that shoots similar to the BH 50gr TSX?
    The 50gr TSX lands high for me.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGriffin85 View Post
    image.jpg
    A while back I asked the same question and DocGKR had said that pretty much any 55 gr would be close. Not the story in your case it would appear.

I'm sorry I don't have any big answers for you. I have my 16", 1/7 twist BCM zeroed at 50 yards with the BH 50g TSX and have only noticed that it prints about 1-1.5" higher at 50 yards than my handloaded 5.56 70 gr TSX. We use the 62g M855 for training and it has been just fine, accuracy wise for our purposes, but admittedly, most of the time we're well inside 50 yards.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    I would like to hit the range sometime in the next couple weeks and I will try some comparison at 50 yds with the green tip and see where it prints compared to the BH 50 grainers and I'll post back here.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast