Page 101 of 220 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2192

Thread: Are you prepared for civil unrest?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I see your point.

I am not sure about you but I hate the people that shoot at me...I hate them a lot.
    What was that movie where the kid is carving notches into his rifle and the older guy says, "All that hate is gonna burn you up, boy." And he says, "It keeps me warm."--?

It is difficult not to hate, I agree.

I am trying to cultivate a rational approach. Shit is going to happen. Some very bad people are going to be doing very bad things. I do not have to stoop to their level even if I have to harm some of them in defense of myself and my family.

I once got into boxing and my trainer kept emphasizing, "Don't let yourself get angry. Keep your emotions in check. As soon as you get angry you're going to lose."

Just my perspective and MHO.

Feedback Score
    Here's a good one that I still refer to:
    Size up the situation
    Use Your Senses
    Remember
    Vanquish Fear & Panic
    Improvise
    Value Living
    Act Like Natives
    Learn Basic Skills
    These days it even applies when at the grocery store.

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    100% agree....although I'm sure all here understand that any kind of collapse will be no walk in the park...even if you don't have to fire a shot. Our comfy life will suddenly turn hard and it will be a struggle to survive. While I believe I can handle it, I worry about others in my family...it won't be good, nor do I WANT it to happen.

My dad said something that is very true about the differences between the Great Depression and what we are about to go through here in this country. Back then, when people lost everything, they would stand in soup lines, hungrier than hell, and WAIT for their turn to have a small bowl of soup. Today, people (especially the entitlement class) would KILL for the bowl of soup. There will be no waiting in line or "you get your bowl and I'll have mine", it will be "I'll kill you for yours and have mine too."
    Your father is very wise, I believe it will be killing for anything they want because they are entitled.

In the Great Depression folks in America as a whole still believed in morals and God and 10 Commandment as a whole in sociality, that for the most part is gone today.

People need to understand your life is what you make it not what someone or government entitlement gives you, but we are way to late for that understanding in the entitlement class of America.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    In the Great Depression folks in America as a whole still believed in morals and God and 10 Commandment as a whole in sociality
    Morals and God have been bred out of American society.

In the movie Braveheart, Longshanks says "If we can't run them out we'll breed them out." This has been the motto of the entitlement class.
    Any politically incorrect slant you feel my statement? You're RIGHT!
    Last edited by LRS143; 08-31-11 at 11:14.

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;

Feedback Score
    I am with all of you guys. It will come to a head and explode without regard for anything or anyone.

The only thing that those who are rallying the entitlement class dont realize is that, the passion and the fight that were with the Americans who made this country great are still alive in people like us today. They are waking a sleeping giant with their hate speeches and racist rhetoric. A fight is what they want and a fight is what they will get but it will not go in their favor.

I hope we can take back the country peacefully.
    But those who are spewing their hate in the media are making it more and more difficult to do so. They see that they are losing grip and the only thing they can do is rally the ignorant souls who support their ridiculous policy.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    What was that movie where the kid is carving notches into his rifle and the older guy says, "All that hate is gonna burn you up, boy." And he says, "It keeps me warm."--?
    Red Dawn, a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    In the Great Depression folks in America as a whole still believed in morals and God and 10 Commandment as a whole in sociality, that for the most part is gone today.
    Another huge difference between now and back then is that they were FAR less reliant on modern day technologies. People could live without electricity and processed food back then, so it did not hit as hard as it would today.

I've read some things where people have said a huge collapse wouldnt just throw us back into the 1800s, it would be FAR worse than that...more like medieval times. People of the 1800s could farm and provide for themselves, we wouldnt be nearly that well off...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    The part that keeps me thinking "WTF?", is that the stock market just happens to remain hovering around 11K. This is the greatest scam going IMO. I keep reading news articles about how the CA economy as well as the countries & world's, is tanking by the minute, yet the stock market remains strong? Bullshit. It's a coverup by the gov't who is either pumping fake money into it to keep the nieve from panicing, or some other means of keeping the #'s consistent.

California is a time bomb waiting to explode violently. When things go bad here, it likely will take the country with it.
    Exactly my thoughts. I am stunned how this keeps hovering in spite of the problems. however, remember that the Federal reserve has been engaged in buying US Treasuries and assisting in buying huge amounts of US stocks. The whole thing is just one big bubble inflating another bubble.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post

It is difficult not to hate, I agree.

I am trying to cultivate a rational approach. Shit is going to happen. Some very bad people are going to be doing very bad things. I do not have to stoop to their level even if I have to harm some of them in defense of myself and my family.

I once got into boxing and my trainer kept emphasizing, "Don't let yourself get angry. Keep your emotions in check. As soon as you get angry you're going to lose."

Just my perspective and MHO.
    It was RED DAWN.......... Wolverines!

I completely agree with that. For us to do our job here is the Stan you have to become kind of detached, some say cold. You really do not get angry until after everything is finished. Then you really get mad especially if you take any loses or injuries .
    Last edited by docsherm; 09-01-11 at 00:36.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

The Great Depression was no cake walk. . .

http://www.ushistory.org/us/48e.asp

Bonnie & Clyde, John Dillinger, Machine Gun Kelly, et al. . .

I have a great-aunt from Canada. During the Great Depression her own mother prostetuted her for money.

People have always been savage, especially in times of great want.

Currently we have a target rich environment due to a much LARGER and diverse demographic.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    The Great Depression was no cake walk. . .

http://www.ushistory.org/us/48e.asp

Bonnie & Clyde, John Dillinger, Machine Gun Kelly, et al. . .
    After seeing what the banks have done to us over the last three years,
    I'm thinking we may see a resurgence of Dillinger, et al. And like Southerners such as the James and Younger brothers felt about the thieving railroads and banks coming into the South.

I better understand why those robbers had widespread public sympathy. Who wouldn't like to see a bank get hit since most of us are not likely to see any of our savings worth spit before long? Or when more of us have houses foreclosed?

The Great Depression certainly was no picnic, but we are laying the groundwork for a much worse time in hell. In 1932 a dollar still held most of its value from 1920. It is now worth somewhere between 2%-4% of what it was then. And it will lose another 95% here in just the next few years.

Page 101 of 220 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast