Page 2 of 220 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you prepared for civil unrest?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I don't know if we have a year before we see stuff like this....
    Neither do I...

Mob robberies will become more frequent. http://bcove.me/a96o8p2a

Katrina style looting will be prevalent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RVHD...layer_embedded

Things of this nature will seem trivial. http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...stem-collapses

Feedback Score
    I was 15 in July of `67 in Newark , N.J. . You better believe i`m ready, i never let my guard down since.
    When in doubt,empty the magazine.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Everything is tied to gas...and I mean everything...as gas prices go up, so do our chances of civil unrest/shtf or whatever you want to call it...

I wish so bad that I were already out in the country, but at least I'm not in the inner city...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Everything is tied to gas...and I mean everything...as gas prices go up, so do our chances of civil unrest/shtf or whatever you want to call it...
    I had that exact conversation with my wife this past week! She likes the SW for the weather... I'm leaning towards Idaho myself.

Feedback Score
    Nice how they stole guns from productive/normal/honest citizens. That does absolutely nothing but prevent them from defending themselves.

What would you do if the police came to your neighborhood to confiscate your weapons, while a few miles away criminals were looting and killing honest citizens?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I feel pretty vulnerable where Im at since its suburbia, and my land is slightly bigger than a shoe box. No way to use it to grow food or anything else, and we don't have the money to move right now or anytime soon. I grew up on 3 acres with horses, chickens, dogs, goats, ect. Could easily make due on that land with some resources.

Anyways I don't really think theres any adequate way to prepare for this even if you live out in the rural areas. If I had the land Id be already growing as much of our own food as possible so if the grocery stores are no longer sources of food it would be an easier transition. Im not sure how easy people think it is to completely live with no outside help or additional resources along the way but it would be basically pioneer living with having to worry about people coming out of the cities trying to settle somewhere.

Basically our society has evolved to the point where almost every is integrated, and very few people have the means, ability, and skills to go without any outside help the way the pioneers did, and even those guys had towns they could go to for things they couldn't make on their own. There was still trade just not like we have now. If even one part of our system fails it can bring the rest of society to a screeching halt. I can do without electricity, TV, gas but I can't do without food for a few months...no way to grow my own and my neighbors are 10ft away. Even if I did try to go something Id have to have 24/hr a day guard over it.

If something catastrophic happened to this country, and things broke down to that level I doubt even 20% of the population would make it a year. Probably less.

The good news is Ive already networked with some neighbors and ID'ed a few who are making similar preps. Even in a suburban neighborhood outside a major city you can find people to come together, and pool resources, work together....it can be tough finding them but they are out there. Its taken a while to get to know people well enough to talk about this stuff and see who has what, make plans, ect. Ive known one neighbor for a couple of years and just now got invited to a group canning session and bulk buy of food. I put out a Gadsen flag out back and its amazing how many people comment on it, and its a way to break the ice with people.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidevolk View Post
    Nice how they stole guns from productive/normal/honest citizens. That does absolutely nothing but prevent them from defending themselves.
    I'm sure everyone agrees with you on that.
    What would you do if the police came to your neighborhood to confiscate your weapons, while a few miles away criminals were looting and killing honest citizens?
    Let's not go down that road. It's a quick way to get this thread locked and we all have our own feelings on the subject that are probably fairly similar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Let's not go down that road. It's a quick way to get this thread locked and we all have our own feelings on the subject that are probably fairly similar.
    Valid point. It was my first knee-jerk concern after watching the video.

It seems like best option would be to comply and hand over any firearms they know about and have access to self-defense tools in other locations.

Edit: I wonder what they would do if you just didn't answer the door and played "not home"

How do confiscations get carried out? I wonder if most are just -
    *Knock knock*
    Q: We're here to confiscate any firearms, do you have any?
    A: Yes
    *Confiscated*
    Last edited by Heidevolk; 03-02-11 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Rioting people and ordinary strangers won't be the worst. It'll be people you know, begging for your help, and as decent human beings, we won't be able to say, no.... That means it would be best to have extra food for giving and bartering.

It doesn't matter to me if someone is wearing a uniform or a Sunday-go-to meeting-suit. Any attempt at disarming people will result in war.
    Last edited by JStor; 03-02-11 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Make some friends. Just saying

Seriously work on networking, identifying people who you would see as an asset to your over all survival and invite them to stay with you should the need ever arise.

Exactly. Be a host for those you can trust and those you train with. If you have land and livestock, then host another few families and have designated roles and plans. Then when the hordes of hungry morons come running, you'll be more prepared to defend your property.

Page 2 of 220 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast