Page 3 of 220 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you prepared for civil unrest?

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Without a large group most will fail. I have several friends but only a few have realized what could happen. Luckily years ago i bought and inherited some rural properties that are probably well suited for our needs. It will hard to turn people away but if you haven't contributed to the cause you won't be allowed to stay. Wish my group had more in it but leary of people we don't know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Let's not go down that road. It's a quick way to get this thread locked and we all have our own feelings on the subject that are probably fairly similar.
    Sage like advise there

It is a good topic, and thanks for keeping it on track - If nothing else, M4C does seem to police its own ranks rather well.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im pretty much in the same situation as Belmont31R. I live in that suburban area that straddles the main part of suburbia and the rural sections of the greater area. This means I've got a small lot with plenty of neighbors, most of whom will be useless. Of course my economic ability to move to a more rural area is some where between slim and none.

However I have started to identify and network with neighbors who I feel are trustworthy and who also desire to "be prepared". So our small subdivision has some elements that might make a difference. Some is better than none. Plus I've started to network with folks form the BSA and other groups to increase the size of the "network". We even got lucky enough to know someone of a similar mind with 125 acres about 10 miles away. So there is that option being bandied about if we can make the trek there. Again some is better than none. That little bit of prep might make all the difference when others have not made much in the way of planning.

Now what would I like to see? Someone with the cash to start a subdivision some where with maybe 3 to 5 acre lots for maybe 50 families with the intent of everyone being armed. Think of a Kennesaw, GA minded HOA and bylaws. Yeah I know I have better chances of winning the lottery but a guy can have his dreams can't he?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JStor View Post
    Any attempt at disarming people will result in war.
    But war isn't always won through the use of force. There might be better methods that would allow a victim of confiscation to stay safe and avoid confrontation or even appear compliant.

I think situational awareness and just seeing it coming might help a lot.
    Last edited by Heidevolk; 03-02-11 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Now what would I like to see? Someone with the cash to start a subdivision some where with maybe 3 to 5 acre lots for maybe 50 families with the intent of everyone being armed. Think of a Kennesaw, GA minded HOA and bylaws. Yeah I know I have better chances of winning the lottery but a guy can have his dreams can't he?
    Originally, Front Sight was going to be a community of gun owners similar to what you're describing, about 30 minutes outside of Las Vegas. They described it as being "the safest city in America" and it actually sounded fairly promising from their marketing. Gun training, ranges, like minded individuals, etc. I do not believe they are currently pursuing this endeavor as there isn't enough millionaires who wanted to blow a fortune on a small plot of land in the middle of the desert. Obviously their marketing and firearms training are not looked upon favorably at M4C so let's end all discussion of them with this post. Thanks!

Back to the topic at hand... Stock up on food now! Prices will continue to rise and if anything you'll end up saving yourselves a few bucks down the road if you purchase long shelf life items in the present.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Sure, take this one

I've thought about the confiscate the guns situation and have a couple of .22's and a single shot 12ga they can have when "they" come nockin
    Take them and go away. The good stuff isn't so easy to find

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JStor View Post
    Rioting people and ordinary strangers won't be the worst. It'll be people you know, begging for your help, and as decent human beings, we won't be able to say, no.... That means it would be best to have extra food for giving and bartering.
    This is something that I have thought long and hard about. No good solution to it either.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quick question,

During the riots in the video, were they attempting to confiscate EVERYONES firearms, or just the people they saw with one? The video didn't give me the impression that they were going door to door knocking and looking for guns. I can see how standing outside with a rifle would draw attention, but in a situation like that I would rather lock the door and turn out lights. I was a wee bit too young and lived a bit far from the LA riots to remember much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Anyways I don't really think theres any adequate way to prepare for this even if you live out in the rural areas.
    Word!

Rural has its own kind of looters and threats... Rural people does NOT mean prepared or sustainable... My closest neighbor, whom I know to have ZERO preps, no garden, nothing sustainable, as well as politics I abhor, and I suspect low, self-serving morals when it goes south, is my biggest concern. But fortunately they are not popular with anyone else around here either, so maybe the problem would be contained...

So even rural has it's drawbacks and problems... But I suspect they will be slower in manifestation and intensity than urban, so hopefully containable or resolvable...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsturtle View Post
    During the riots in the video, were they attempting to confiscate EVERYONES firearms, or just the people they saw with one? The video didn't give me the impression that they were going door to door knocking and looking for guns. I can see how standing outside with a rifle would draw attention, but in a situation like that I would rather lock the door and turn out lights. I was a wee bit too young and lived a bit far from the LA riots to remember much.
    There were no confiscations of firearms that I am aware of during the Rodney King riots. There were confiscations in 1 or 2 of the videos that were from New Orleans post-Katrina. Police were going door to door, forcing people from their homes and confiscating firearms, these are facts and can not be refuted. If you'd like to learn more I'd suggest using your Google-Fu as this is directly related to law enforcement and that's a no go here at M4C.

Page 3 of 220 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast