Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn, AL area ranges?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Auburn, AL area ranges?

Hi guys:
    Anyone have knowledge on good ranges near Auburn, AL? There is one that I know of (East Alabama Gun Club), but I have no clue how decent it is.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    EAGC is kind've smallish but runs a great IDPA match if thats your thing. GA DNR has a range in the west Point area, just up the road from you. http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I was at Auburn, there was a gun range at the National Forrest. You had to get a $5 permit from the gas station or $20 for the whole year from the National Forestry Service. Sorry it's been a few years.

I think that this is it...

Uchee Shooting Range

Tel: 334-727-2652

Forest Service Road 910B

Range Type: Public

Shooting Facilities:

* Outdoor Pistol (25 yds)
    * Outdoor Rifle (25,50,100 yds)

Edit: Actually, I'm almost positive that is it. It was only like 15 minutes from Campus.
    Tuskegee, AL 36083
    Oh, and WAR EAGLE!!!
    Last edited by taylodr; 03-03-11 at 13:18. Reason: Added Info

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You ain't too far from Benning. There's bound to be some spots around Columbus...

RTR!!!
    Last edited by Redneck19; 03-03-11 at 13:26.
    ...A country boy can survive...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've heard that the "public" range in the state park is a bit of an animal house, and since I'll be actually trying to become proficient, etc, I'd rather not be dealing with cranks, yahoos, and "experts".

BTW: War DAMN Eagle!
    -Adam

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Adam,
    I live in Opelika and shoot at EAGC. I'd be glad to take you out there or put you in touch with the Club Pres. There's also Shooter's in Columbus, which is an indoor range and store.
    WDE
    Eric

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There is a new range in the process of attempting to be opened in Auburn, called Auburn Armory of all things. It's still in the planning/development stages, but, it certainly won't hurt to help support them.

http://www.AuburnArmory.com

-Adam

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Charlie

A guy I got to church with, Charlie Edwards, told me about The Armory. Charlie is also an AR15 armorer, FFL, and sells most things AR. If you ever need his number, let me know. He's a good dealer.

Feedback Score
    Man really makes me miss my glory days down in tiger town. In my opinion the area really does need a better range than the one in the WMA. When I was in school there a person was accidentally shot at that range and died on the third bench from the right. I can't tell you how many acts of utter stupidity and total disregards of safety I personally saw at the WMA range. I fully suport a new range sight and hope there is on-sight staff for safety and training. WAR DAMN EAGLE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Adam,
    There is also a club in Shorter at Exit 22 on I-85 called Central AL Gun Club. It is larger than EAGC.
    Eric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast