Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn, AL area ranges?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    A guy I got to church with, Charlie Edwards, told me about The Armory. Charlie is also an AR15 armorer, FFL, and sells most things AR. If you ever need his number, let me know. He's a good dealer.
    Same guy who runs Checkpoint Charlie?

If so, I met him at a B'ham gunshow, he's a classy guy.
    ...A country boy can survive...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Same guy.
    Great guy.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Last edited by ryan; 09-03-12 at 17:53.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Based on all that I've heard of the place for years, I bet it's much safer at your paw in law's. I've never been to that shooting range. I loved deer hunting for several years in Ft. Davis south of Tuskegee until the crackheads took over. Besides having things stolen often, it became really unsafe as the punks got braver. Not a good setup for a hobby.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Based on all that I've heard of the place for years, I bet it's much safer at your paw in law's. I've never been to that shooting range. I loved deer hunting for several years in Ft. Davis south of Tuskegee until the crackheads took over. Besides having things stolen often, it became really unsafe as the punks got braver. Not a good setup for a hobby.
    MUCH safer, we had 3 tandem axle loads of fill dumped to stop bullets, and can shoot out to 600. Yeah the crackheads got really bad a couple of years back and we had to patrol my dads land just to keep the labs from showing up everywhere. Lee County's deputies have put a big dent in that activity in my part of the world thank god.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I know the Lee Co. Sheriff and several deputies. Those guys do a great job. Lee Co., Auburn, and Opelika PD's have been pretty effective with their joint drug task force.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I know the Lee Co. Sheriff and several deputies. Those guys do a great job. Lee Co., Auburn, and Opelika PD's have been pretty effective with their joint drug task force.
    Agreed, the few times Ive been pulled over or my family needed their service all three forces have been excellent guys/gals to deal with. Sheriff Jones was the witness at my court house wedding, he might remember but I doubt it. Op, sorry to derail.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Seems like the Auburn Armory project is really getting off the ground. They got the city ordinance changed so they could open, and I THINK even have permitting done too. Just a matter of building it. Their target opening date is late 2011 (Nov/Dec), which is exciting to me. I'll be here for another 3 years at least (wife is in school), so having a good place to shoot right down the road is awesome. Add to it that it'll supposedly be one of the better indoor ranges globally, and I'm a happy man.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I look forward to their opening.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_s View Post
    Seems like the Auburn Armory project is really getting off the ground. They got the city ordinance changed so they could open, and I THINK even have permitting done too. Just a matter of building it. Their target opening date is late 2011 (Nov/Dec), which is exciting to me. I'll be here for another 3 years at least (wife is in school), so having a good place to shoot right down the road is awesome. Add to it that it'll supposedly be one of the better indoor ranges globally, and I'm a happy man.
    Did it ever open? Oh yeah one more thing War Damn Eagle !!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast