Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The next, next M4C fun shoot

Feedback Score
    I can make June, as my wife will be done with school and I won't be with the kids on Saturdays and Sundays anymore. I'll keep an eye on the thread to see how it all plays out.

Feedback Score
    I had a great time last weekend and benefitted from being exposed to plenty of new techniques/drills. If you all will have another rookie, I would love to join in again. For what it's worth, June is the better option for me.

One thought that occurred to me after last Saturday was to possibly alternate the "RSO's" after GlockWRX introduces the drill. It seemed a bit of a shame that GlockWRX and Gitmo, the two guys who put the most into bringing the day to fruition, got the least trigger time.

Feedback Score

Tentative date

Lets look at Jun 25th as the tenetive date for this shoot. Being late in June we can have the range untill dusk which happens to be 2110. We can have the range for 12 hrs. Unfortunately as I don't have a pay scale yet for my new prospective job, I may have to charge for BBQ. Last time it was about $45 for the meat, so figure $4 each to cover for lunch. I hate to have to do that, but right now it seems to be the only way I can do it. Sorry
    We will remain range fee free. So bring more ammo.
    Last edited by GitmoSmoke; 03-03-11 at 23:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GitmoSmoke View Post
    I may have to charge for BBQ. Last time it was about $45 for the meat, so figure $4 each to cover for lunch.
    I'd be willing to pay you extra to cover the last meal. It was really good! Thanks for feeding us.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm in again if y'all have me although the 25th isn't the best date for me. Weekend prior or after work better. And $4 is a bargain.
    Last edited by crusader4x; 03-04-11 at 00:15.

Feedback Score

Available dates

Right now the available dates are Jun 25th, July 16th and 24th. I'll need a firm date no later than March 14th. That is the meeting when I can get with the entire board. I'm going to sell it as leasons learned practice from the MGM Ironman shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    June 25th works for me.

Gitmo,

I'm going to bring $10; $4 for the food and the remainder as a donation to the range. The CWSA has been very hospitable and I'd like to thank them for that.

Feedback Score
    I can do any of those dates but the middle of July sounds good. Weather should be warm and dry.

Feedback Score
    Depending on what my work schedule is like over the summer I'm in but damn a 6 hour drive and a ferry ride. I will have to find someone to carpool with.

Pistol from concealed carry is what I want to focus on the most.

Would gladly pay 4 or more for lunch.
    Die living

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I like the idea of doing more pistol work, as in reality it will more likely be our "primary" than our carbines- maybe we could not only do a bit of drills from concealment but also start at close range (1m) and work our way out at bit, maybe even a drill at the maximum range allowed just so people can get a feel for their capabilities.

Also I'd like to shoot carbines at 100/200m sometimes, even though I know that's not possible at the range we reserve.

Damn, I'm already getting really excited about the next shoot and it's months off...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast