Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The next, next M4C fun shoot

Feedback Score

Why not 100/200?

I am pretty sure that sometime during the shoots we can take a trip to the long range. There have been several times I used the range for hours by myself. Usually summer isn't a crowded time at the range. Everyone likes to get out of town, or take the boat to go fishing. Late in August it strarts to pick up for deer season, and by mid October it get really quiet again.
    I the group wants to I can ask for the rifle range, but we would probably have to pay a range fee. Right now I think it is $50. I'll check and see how much and post it here when I find out. My reccomendation is use our normal range and we can go over to the long range when it is empty.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll be in the mountains this summer, but pencil me in for the next, next, next m4c shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My buddy Jeff is pumped to hit the range again. That was his first time shooting his brand new Daniel Defense. He's hooked, and ready for the next fun shoot.

Feedback Score

Mad Minute

Anyone who was at the snow shoot remembers our wonderful neighbor. He has been making a pest of himself even more lately. I suggest we end our summer range session with a tribute to the Army firebases of Viet Nam. Please save a magazine or 2 to end the shoot with a massive volley of rapid fire. I'm thinking of 2058. Two minutes before legal shooting time ends. The extra minute is just a cushion to make sure we don't go over. The board doesn't have a problem with it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    At one of the classes I attended years ago we did something called 'Rolling Thunder'. All the shooters line up with full mags. Shooter 1 starts off firing as fast as he can. As soon as he's dry, shooter 2 starts up. Then shooter 3 and so on. It ends up being a good minute or two of constant gun fire.

Serves that jerk right.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Go shoot? Yes, the sooner the better! Can I bring a 308? AR isn't finished yet

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yous guys are the best.

Just gotta say how happy I am that all us NW'ers are able to put these things on and have a great time doing it. As hard as it is to find decent people to shoot/train with, I have felt nothing less than welcome to these events and privileged to get this level of experience without having to shell out $600 and a plain ticket. Granted it not a VSM class, but for what glockwrx and everyone else bring to the table, it's sure as shit good enough for me right now.
    I will happily attend any and all NW shoots and contribute where I can because as far as I've seen the return is far greater than the investment. That being said, a big shout to you Gitmosmoke. You really have made this possible for all of us. Vouching for a bunch of shooters you've never met before is a hard thing to do, luckily, the guys on this board are a solid bunch of dudes who seem to have their shit together for the most part from the gate.
    BTW, pulled pork and guns FTW.
    That being said... sniff sniff, can't wait till the next one. There was some talk in the midst of our snow day of a tweener event on the dry side of the state. I'd be down for this as well, but perhaps that should be a different thread.
    Close in handgun stuff is a great idea and something I'd love to work on. As Kaltesherz said, it's a little more real life scenario for the avg. Joe.
    As Far as 100/200 is concerned, bring it. I suck in all areas and can use anything I can get out of these sessions.
    -MOok

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX View Post
    At one of the classes I attended years ago we did something called 'Rolling Thunder'. All the shooters line up with full mags. Shooter 1 starts off firing as fast as he can. As soon as he's dry, shooter 2 starts up. Then shooter 3 and so on. It ends up being a good minute or two of constant gun fire.

Serves that jerk right.
    Sounds kinda like the Australian Peel, either that or a Mad Minute should do the trick...

...seriously, what do people expect when they buy a house RIGHT NEXT TO A SHOOTING RANGE???
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post

...seriously, what do people expect when they buy a house RIGHT NEXT TO A SHOOTING RANGE???
    Tannerite?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    Tannerite?
    Don't tempt me. I think that tannerite might be more than some members would tolerate.
    I must admit that I was apperhensive at first, but after a few minutes everything felt like we were old friends. So a big thanks back to the group for making it so easy to host the shoots here. The board is now using our group as an example to show the new members how they need to act. "How can the 3 gun team shoot 6000 rounds and not damage anything, and some others destroy the target frames in 100 rounds?" In everything but the barricades we ended up with only 3 holes that werent supposed to be there. Plus I ended up with 40 lbs of reloadable brass. Filled two 5 gallon buckets.
    We can have the range till 9pm in June. If anyone would like I'll scout out a local place if anyone wants to spend the night here. Maybe invite the significant other along. Lots of other tourist activities on the Island.
    I sent a PM to Scimitar to see if he wanted to set somthing up in Okanagan county.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast