Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which trigger?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Which trigger?

I am putting together a DM type rifle and would like to know more about triggers. All of my other rifles have stock triggers. I know that the Geissele triggers are very popular. How much different are they from the LMT two stage? TIA
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Let me say that the only three triggers that I personally consider to be worthy to go into a hard use or duty/LE gun would be:

Geissele
    KAC
    LMT

The LMT is extremely reliable, well made, and has a relatively clean and smooth pull.

The KAC is also super reliable, very well made, and has a really nice pull and break.

Finally you have the GA triggers, the crown jewel in my book. They are easily the most reliable, well designed, clean breaking, smooth pulling, triggers on the market today imho.

I would take a look at the SD-E, SSA-E, DMR, SD-C, SSA. In that order, the SD-E again imho is the finest hard use precision trigger made to date. I have almost 7k rounds fired on my initial one and have had zero hiccups.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Geissele SSA-E in my SPR, and I couldn't be happier. It breaks so nicely. Nothing to adjust, and drops in nicely.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Timney is also a good choice.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Thanks everyone. My biggest problem with the Geiselle triggers is that they have a lot and their website doesnt have some of the models covered here. Not sure if I am doing it wrong or what. I think I am going to lean toward the LMT 2 stage.
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Depending on what you want, you may not be happy with the lmt 2 stage. The lmt makes a great combat trigger, but I didn't like it in the precision role.

I am currently selling my 2 stage lmt trigger because when compared side by side with my geiselle ssa it wasn't quite as good as it could be. I am using my rifle as a precision rifle and the lmt was a little heavier and has just a little bit of creep that is not present in the geiselle.

Due to this I am selling the lmt to buy a geiselle ssa-e which is supposed to be "cleaner" ssa. I read that it has a lighter pull weight and instead of breaking like a carrot it breaks like a glass rod.
    Last edited by m1ajunkie; 03-07-11 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was going to buy a Geisselle high speed trigger as it is adjustable. However, when I tried the SSA-E, I said "This trigger already has the pull I want for less money." I installed the SSA-E in my precision AR and can't wait to try it

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Geisseles have way better feel than the LMT. I wasn't all that pleased with the one that came in the MWS I bought.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love the Giessele's. My buddy was at SHOT, said they were selling them virtually out of the back of a truck. He picked up two SSA's for me for $120 each.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I loved Geissele triggers until I had one shit the bed this afternoon. The failure (broken hammer) is not what concerns me, it was the cross section of the break.

pics and posts to come regarding this issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast