Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which trigger?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I loved Geissele triggers until I had one shit the bed this afternoon. The failure (broken hammer) is not what concerns me, it was the cross section of the break.

pics and posts to come regarding this issue.
    Have you given GA the opportunity to hear about this problem first?

The only GA triggers I've ever heard of a problem coming from were a very few that had defective hammers(weak metal IIrc)...GA issued a recall on these as well for the few that were released into the market.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Yes I would be checking to see if yours was one of the ones that was supposed to be sent back in.

If not then your's is only the 2nd Geissele trigger Ive heard about breaking.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think that is the first I have ever heard of a problem with one of their triggers.

Have you contacted them about it?

EDIT: Just saw the info about the recalled ones. Does anyone have info about what models/lot numbers were being recalled?
    Last edited by bp7178; 03-07-11 at 21:43.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Have you given GA the opportunity to hear about this problem first?

The only GA triggers I've ever heard of a problem coming from were a very few that had defective hammers(weak metal IIrc)...GA issued a recall on these as well for the few that were released into the market.
    My intent is to call them during business hours tomorrow.

Weak metal seems to be the culprit based on what I can see. If it makes any difference, I got it back in the Fall of '09 from Rainier. I am not finding much on a recall notice, but I'll ask about when I call.

For the record, I have always been wary of running any type of "match" trigger for any fighting or hard-use AR.

I should also be fair and state that my experience with this trigger prior to this event was excellent.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I called GA about this.. I spoke to one of the guys there, sorry, I don't recall the name.
    None of the SSA's were affected. It was a very small batch of another flavor a few years ago.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    One might consider the American Trigger Corp's Gold Trigger. This is one of the "drop-in module" type units. My friend Ronin Coleman, of PACT, chose to be the distributor of these triggers after extensive use and testing of them. Ronin knows firearms and he knows business, so he isn't going to push junk out the door.

Also notable is that Hershel Davis recommends them, as does Jerry Mickulek. So the recommendations range from that of a combat veteran SEAL to one of the winningest competition shooters of all time.

Besides offering a nice trigger pull, the unit is designed to be drop safe. We know that in the real world, rifles do get dropped from time to time. This is an important feature.

http://www.americantrigger.com/index...d=12&Itemid=53

Rosco

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If I ever were to try another trigger besides a GA or KAC, the Gold trigger is it...Ive read about them quite a bit but given their price tag and their competition, it's a damn tough market I would imagine.

The Gold trigger has had a lot of R&D actually put into it from all that I can tell and that is one of the hallmark's to GA triggers. I'd like to see a Gold trigger and a SD3G go head to head on a shot clock. Jerry M is by far my favorite "Pro" shooter, he is simply incredible.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 03-12-11 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Geisseles have way better feel than the LMT. I wasn't all that pleased with the one that came in the MWS I bought.
    I'm doing the same thing. I find that when the LMT got a little dirty from shooting, it got gritty and the 2nd stage weight went up a bit. Not a bad trigger, but I knew that the trigger was causing me some problems, so I'm switching it out. I had a 2stage GA match trigger in my 3-gun rifle, but I got a SD3G for that lower so I could swap the match for the stock trigger in the LMT. The LMT would be great for a carbine- I don't think it slows be down much runn'in&gun'in and gives me the advantage of a 2-stage when I need it. I haven't heard of many LMT 2stages going goofy in regular use.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score

Trigger.

I only use Timney or Geissele. The SSE is my pick of the Bunch. Nothing compares.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Can anyone tell me which has the flat trigger? I cant find one on their website, TIA
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast