Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Home Defense/Tactical Shotgun?

Feedback Score
    @SkiDevil Thx for informativ answer. You helped me a lot.

Feedback Score
    might get a mossy myself...but, after watching "public enemies", tempted to get a lever-action shotgun. maybe a charles daly lever-action?

Feedback Score

My recommendation is a semi auto

My primary HD gun (longgun) is a 12G Remington 1100 w/ 18" barrel. My other 1100 is a trap gun with a round count in excess of 15,000 and its never skipped a beat. With an extended magazine tube it holds 7+1 and its a devastating weapon. Nothing wrong with a pump gun - I own several of em but my preference is for the semi. Why pump when you can simply pull the trigger as fast as you like?
    X-Military
    Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    I also have had the Mossy 590 with 20" Barrel, Mag Extension, Ghost Ring Sights and Sure Fire Forend. I probably put 500 rounds of 80% Practice Loads (#8 Shot), 15% 00 Buck, and 10% Slugs.

It performed very well, but the plastic safety started giving me some difficulties in engaging near the end before selling it. Other than that, It was a pretty good gun.

Tack

Difficulties in engaging? What do you mean? What is the plastic piece it self or it it loosen up and loose how positive it was?

Feedback Score
    You really can't go wrong with a Remington 870 or Mossberg 590. As for barrel length, shorter is better for maneuvering in confined spaces. An extended magazine tube is not a bad idea to add.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345