Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi auto shotgun owners. Come on in.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Semi auto shotgun owners. Come on in.

How much free play does your charging/cocking handle have from side to side and up to down.

It doesn't matter which brand.

Mossberg 930 owners please chime in especially.

Feedback Score
    My Benelli M1 S90 has almost no play side to side or up and down. However, it is a *very* low round count gun, however, as I've only picked it up for about 2 weeks and put roughly 75 rounds (a mix of 2 3/4" 00, 2 3/4" 1 oz slug and 3" 1oz slugs) through it so far. I don't think the previous owner shot the gun at all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The charging handle on my 930 has a decent amount of wiggle. Moves more forward and back more than up and down. I have a Nordic Components charging handle if it makes any difference. Although it has some play it won't come out unless you pull strait out firmly.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt View Post
    The charging handle on my 930 has a decent amount of wiggle. Moves more forward and back more than up and down. I have a Nordic Components charging handle if it makes any difference. Although it has some play it won't come out unless you pull strait out firmly.
    I have the same one and noticed it, I put the stock one back in and it was just as bad.

I wonder if a gunsmith, or different handle could fix that in some way.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tracker722; 10-24-11 at 17:02.

Feedback Score
    I have a Nordic on my 1100. It has a minor amount of front to back play, but it still takes a pretty solid tug to get it out. My Beretta 391 couldn't be tighter if it was welded on the bolt.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    My 930 has the Nordic charging handle and it does have a fair amount of play. Nothing that can effect the manipulation of it or enough to worry about it coming out of the bolt while using it. As long as the detent holds it in you are good to go. Think of it like the play a BAD lever has while attached to the bolt catch. Good bit of play but it does not impede function. I can pick the shotgun up by the handle and it stays put.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 02-26-11 at 23:13.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    My 930 has a fair amount of play in it. I still have the stock charging handle .......I know lame, Nordic comp charging handle is on the short list.....leave me alone......

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've used the Nordic, ETA, Gun Connection, and factory charging handle on the 930. They wobble, but I can lift the shotgun by the charging handle without it pulling out.
    I don't worry about charging handle wobble.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    No movement what so ever on my Browning Auto 5s, FN SLP, or Benelli M1 Super 90s. On the SLP I have a Nordic charging handle. The factory one was rock solid also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast